5AF Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League

Cooper7108

Postby Cooper7108 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:53 am

I think my preference for C would be:

Free use of any farm player, for a maximum of 2 roster spots at any given time. Farm players must be on the MLB roster for a minimum of 7 days and count as a hit of 1 year against the cap.
I think that sounds great.
New question would be, do we still allow farm call-ups for injuries? I don't think we'll hit a lot of these situations but if you already have farm players occupying 2 normal roster spots and you have an injury do we allow a farm player call-up or do we go to the waiver wire? I think it should be whatever the owner prefers but just want to be sure.
I would say let it be up to the owner.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:34 pm

We should still be able to use farm guys for injury replacements.

Im fine with 2 farm guys on a 1 year cap hit and any additional as injury replacements.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:55 am

That's sounds good to me.
Farm eligibility is 150 days MLB service time
You may use two of the 22 regular roster spots for farm eligible players, at the cost of 1 cap year per player.
You may continue to use farm players as DL replacements at your leisure.

I'm not sure what A on the previous page implies, does it say that you cannot draft a player to your farm if they have even 1 day of MLB service?

If my farm player whom I called up goes on the DL, we treat it the same as any other rostered player, correct?

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:33 pm

You may use two of the 22 regular roster spots for farm eligible players, at the cost of 1 cap year per player.

I'm not sure what A on the previous page implies, does it say that you cannot draft a player to your farm if they have even 1 day of MLB service?

If my farm player whom I called up goes on the DL, we treat it the same as any other rostered player, correct?
You're right about what A implies. I could go either way on this. I've made a lot of hay from drafting farm-eligible guys with MLB service.

Weren't we going to do something with international players as well? In terms of them being farm eligible vs. not?

I think we treat call ups the same as regular rostered player. Only difference is, I think, if you re full on DL slots, you can demote (drop) and replace that way.

beerman

Postby beerman » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:34 pm

You're right about what A implies. I could go either way on this. I've made a lot of hay from drafting farm-eligible guys with MLB service.

Weren't we going to do something with international players as well? In terms of them being farm eligible vs. not?

I think we treat call ups the same as regular rostered player. Only difference is, I think, if you re full on DL slots, you can demote (drop) and replace that way.
I think A is less important now with farm eligibility going away earlier and the ability to play farm guys. I still think it's a good thing to implement though. I've benefited from it as well but it sort of goes along with why we're making the other changes, keep as many good players active and eligible to be played in MLB. I don't think it hurts anything to keep it as is, but I think it goes against what we really intended the farm team to be for.

DL call-ups would continue to be handled the same way, you can use a farm player or another player.

For the international question I tracked that down, it was during last year's draft and was on the other board. We never formally came to any agreement but it seemed like: "if they've been declared an MLB FA prior to the start of the draft they're eligible to be selected" was fairly popular. It still leave an open question for what we do if they become a FA during the draft or start playing throughout the season, who get's first dibs? Are they eligible at all for that season (if they're in MLB I think we'd want them to be)?

There was another related question that was brought up and not addressed which was, shouldn't there be some sort of age cut-off on international guys and being farm eligible? I think addressing this would help alleviate some of the issues with the above question.

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:52 pm

This player rarely comes around but if a player is drafted in june and plays in august...they can never be drafted in our league.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:19 pm

This player rarely comes around but if a player is drafted in june and plays in august...they can never be drafted in our league.
Isn't that Brandon Finnegan in 2014?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 pm

I don't care if drafted players with <150 games of service time are allowed to be drafted to the farm. I'd actually prefer it.

Regarding players drafted in June, I think it's pretty cut and dry that they are ineligible for our league and should stay that way. Only eligible players should be those who have been signed to a contract by an MLB team as of the draft start. Any international free agents and 2016 draftees should have to wait until the next draft to be eligible.

The only way I would advocate allowing those players to be signed to contracts would be if there was some kind of lottery system in place and draft pick forfeiture.

As far as international free agents go, I'm fine with the current rule to allow them to be farm-eligible. I'm OK if we want to set an age limit, but look at Jung Ho, who was 27 at the time of his signing. As far as I'm concerned he should have been farm eligible. I will say that international players must be signed by the start of the draft to be eligible.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Can we start the damn draft? We're running out of time.

beerman

Postby beerman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:51 am

Isn't that Brandon Finnegan in 2014?
I drafted him as a prospect..

I don't think we should be able to do that. He should've been MLB or nothing in my opinion.

beerman

Postby beerman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 am

I don't care if drafted players with <150 games of service time are allowed to be drafted to the farm. I'd actually prefer it.

Regarding players drafted in June, I think it's pretty cut and dry that they are ineligible for our league and should stay that way. Only eligible players should be those who have been signed to a contract by an MLB team as of the draft start. Any international free agents and 2016 draftees should have to wait until the next draft to be eligible.

The only way I would advocate allowing those players to be signed to contracts would be if there was some kind of lottery system in place and draft pick forfeiture.

As far as international free agents go, I'm fine with the current rule to allow them to be farm-eligible. I'm OK if we want to set an age limit, but look at Jung Ho, who was 27 at the time of his signing. As far as I'm concerned he should have been farm eligible. I will say that international players must be signed by the start of the draft to be eligible.
It might be introducing too many variables but what if we had a middle ground? If you have under say 90 days of service time you are still eligible to be drafted as a prospect. That's half a season, if a guy spends more than that on an MLB roster in one season he probably doesn't need to be farm eligible.

I'm fine with not having an age limit but I'd say if we do have one to make it 30. It's pretty high and will only impact a few players, anyone over 30 probably should go right on an MLB roster.

For the international guys, when they're declared an MLB free agent might be a better cut off for eligibility. I'll use Moncada last year as an example he was declared a FA by MLB in November but wasn't signed until late February. He still beat the draft start but if that had been pushed back two weeks I still think he should've been eligible.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 am

Can we start the damn draft? We're running out of time.
We may have to do a round or two live at this rate.

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:29 am

It might be introducing too many variables but what if we had a middle ground? If you have under say 90 days of service time you are still eligible to be drafted as a prospect. That's half a season, if a guy spends more than that on an MLB roster in one season he probably doesn't need to be farm eligible.

I'm fine with not having an age limit but I'd say if we do have one to make it 30. It's pretty high and will only impact a few players, anyone over 30 probably should go right on an MLB roster.

For the international guys, when they're declared an MLB free agent might be a better cut off for eligibility. I'll use Moncada last year as an example he was declared a FA by MLB in November but wasn't signed until late February. He still beat the draft start but if that had been pushed back two weeks I still think he should've been eligible.
I like something like 90 for eligibility when it comes to drafting players. That's a good idea, I think.

Fine with no age limit.

Fine with that suggestion for international guys.

These all make good sense. Let's rock and roll here and go with this and the prior suggestion re use of farm players.

I think we're still waiting on @Craig and @terpopoly for rosters, right? I'll try to get Yahoo! updated as quickly as I can once all the information is out there.

terpopoly

Postby terpopoly » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm

2016 Roster (Taking over Sille's Roster)
Dustin Ackley-1
Ryan Braun-3
Billy Butler-1
Wil Myers-4
Chris Sale-3
Ervin Santana-1
Chris Archer-4
Alex Cobb-4
Howie Kendrick-2
Russell Martin-1
Rick Porcello-2
Andrew Miller-1
Max Scherzer-TBD (Re-signing)

Free Agents
Pedro Alvarez
Brett Gardner
Alex Gordon
Josh Johnson
Jed Lowrie
Wade Miley
Brandon Belt
Brad Boxberger
Jennry Mejia

Farm Team Expiring - Being signed
C.J. Cron
Andrew Heaney
George Springer

Farm Team Expiring - Not being signed
Eddie Butler

2016 Farm Team
Mark Appel
Aaron Blair
Rusney Castillo
JP Crawford
Tyrell Jenkins
Eloy Jimenez
Reese McGuire
Ryan McMahon
Yoan Moncada
Colin Moran
Kevin Plawecki
Jurickson Profar
Corey Seager
Richie Shaffer
Cole Tucker
Kyle Zimmer

MLB 13/22
Farm 16/20

I will need 13 draft picks and if I screwed something up please let me know.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Good work boys. Ill draft up where we ended up with regard to rule changes.

We need @freddy rumsen and @craig rosters and then we are good to go!

Everyone also please post how many draft picks they will be making.

Also, i am looking to trade up in the 1st round. I have the 10th pick.

Craig

Postby Craig » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I had my roster tentatively done but was wilaiting on the final rules so incould decide on sano. Ill do it tonight.

Craig

Postby Craig » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:24 pm

MLB
Aroldis Chapman 2
Adam Jones 2
Julio Teheran 5
Felix Hernandez 4
Carlos Gomez 1
Brian McCann 1
Evan Gattis 2
Troy Tulowitzky 3
Freddie Freeman 4
Mark Melancon 1
Colin McHugh 1
Devon Travis 2
Ken Giles Signing from farm
Madison Bumgarner Re-Sign

MLB Expiring

Evan Longoria 3B
Craig Kimbrel RP
Jon Lester SP
Jason Grilli RP
Brian Dozier 2B
Ben Revere OF
David Ortiz 1B
Ian Kennedy SP
Tyler Clippard RP

Farm
Raimel Tapia OF
Jose Peraza 2B
Daniel Robertson SS
Aaron Judge OF
Manuel Margot OF
Ozhaino Albies SS
Miguel Sano OF
Sean Newcomb SP
Steven Matz SP
Marcus Stroman SP
Matt Wisler SP
Sean Manaea SP
Julio Urias SP
Arodys Vizcaino RP
Lucas Sims SP

Farm cutting
Rymer Liriano OF
Mauricio Cabrera RP
Rubby De La Rosa SP
Christian Bethancourt C

I will need 13 draft rounds.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Kraftster didn't you trade for Hunter Renfroe?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 pm

2016 Roster (Taking over Sille's Roster)

I will need 13 draft picks and if I screwed something up please let me know.
Looks like you'll only need 10 draft picks. You forgot to count your 3 farm signings in your MLB count.

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:28 am

Kraftster didn't you trade for Hunter Renfroe?
I traded Hunter Renfroe to Craig

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:09 am

I count 14 picks (8 MLB and 6 MILB)

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:20 am

MLB:
Yadier Molina C 2
Jason Kipnis 2B 2
Jose Bautista OF 3
Oswaldo Arcia OF 2
Jayson Werth OF 1
Starling Marte OF 2
Chase Headley 3B 1
Gerrit Cole SP 5
James Shields SP 3
Matt Moore SP 3
Mike Fiers SP 1
Scott Kazmir SP 1
Joey Gallo 3B 3
Carlos Correa OF 2
Wilmer Flores SS 2

Farm:
Gary Brown OF
James Paxton SP
Tony Cingrani SP
Tyler Austin OF
Joc Pederson OF
Joe Wieland SP
Tyler Glasnow SP
Masahiro Tanaka SP
Neil Ramirez SP
DJ Peterson 3B
Braden Shipley SP
Rafael Montero SP
Josmil Pinto C

beerman

Postby beerman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:51 am

I'm making one additional roster change and buying out Dustin Pedroia. This uses all my buyout years from 2015.

I need 9 MLB and 4 farm players.

I have Kraftsters 1st round pick and Cooper has my 10th. I'll need 13 rounds all together.

Cooper7108

Postby Cooper7108 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 am

So are we ready to start the draft??

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:39 am

Roster update:
I'm not using my re-sign on Eric Hosmer after all.

That leaves me 10 picks.