GDT #75: Cryers @ Pens

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 pm

I'm not a Murray person
Always nice to have someone else join the club.
Make it three.
Here as well, if we're taking roll.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am

Given that Fleury spent the early portion of his career playing behind a turd collection and was coached by the human embodiment of an employment favor, I'm not sure that's a fair indictment of Fleury.
Just saying, this is no different for Murray the back half of this year with regards to what's playing in front of him. MAF has been there and done that with experience. Murray likely needs to figure this out.

The defense has what, 3 starting dman who played at the start of the year? As much as I think Murray has been an issue - his glove hand specifically - the team in front of him has no cohesion.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:32 am

It's also weird, but people quickly forgot trash games that MAF was a part of. I want to see how Murray fares in this upcoming playoffs before I truly worry.

Murray is tied with Carey Price at .923 best for sixth in the league for save percentage. I think the kid has done a pretty good job lol.

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 am

Murray looks great when defense is blocking a ton of shots, no surprise there. I think he handles very well in that playoff style scrum in front of the net hockey you see in the playoffs. Lots of blocked shots, lots of close in scrums. When there is space - he ... well he looks like a larger unathletic young goalie trying to figure out his size. Then again when you play behind the defense he has - all goalies tend to look a bit worse. Fleury weathers that storm a bit better from what I can see - but it's not a recipe for winning hockey.

I'm going to stay off the "it's the goaltending" aspect of the blame game that everyone seems to love to do in Pittsburgh. Murray with a fully stocked lineup in front of him can win a cup as we've seen. I think Fleury playing like he has recently can as well. The challenge this team will face is not in their own net... it's staying healthy enough on the ice.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:37 am

Tristan Jarry or bust.

doublewinder

Postby doublewinder » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:35 am

Anybody go to the game? Many PHI fans there?