Meow's Morning Meeting - 4-17-15 vs. NYR - GAME 1

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:19 pm

If Fleury gets a stick on that shot, instead of it getting into his pad, it's probably not a goal.
I'm guessing Fleury didn't see the Ranger in front of him, as he had turned to play the puck.

Not saying Flower didn't play a role in it, but if Sid puts forth a little more effort the play may have been broken up.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 pm

If Fleury gets a stick on that shot, instead of it getting into his pad, it's probably not a goal.
I'm guessing Fleury didn't see the Ranger in front of him, as he had turned to play the puck.

Not saying Flower didn't play a role in it, but if Sid puts forth a little more effort the play may have been broken up.
For sure. The "forecheck" that line provided there looked like no one knew what the plan was.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:36 pm

martin seemed pretty flaccid overall last night, but i wouldn't call him half a defenseman. at least he's an actual NHLer

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Let's watch the first goal again. Sid was bypassed but even then the goal should have been preventable. Fleury shouldn't have given off such a big rebound, but take a look where Martin is on the play. So high that either of the two Rangers by him could have zoomed past him. And did. Martin gets most blame, followed by Fleury.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... 31&lang=en

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:46 pm

That's not right, but ok.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:50 pm

this was like games 3 & 4 against boston. you look at the last 2 periods, and think we were onto something...but then you try to find an actual instance of a scoring chance, and you come up empty. the rangers backed off, but they still didn't give us anything substantial. it was just a bunch of patty cake. if we give up the first goal, it's going to be tough sledding.
I don't always agree with you, but this pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. I never felt like the Pens were truly in "danger" of tying the game.

The only way they win a game in this series, IMO, is if they find a way to play with the lead, or at least tied. If they fall behind, they are likely boned. (it isn't by accident that they were the only team to not register a win when trailing after 2... they just don't do comebacks for some reason)

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:52 pm

That's not right, but ok.
We don't have to agree. I just think that if Martin was lower, closer to Fleury, he could have either gotten the rebound himself or what his job really was IMO... tied up the Islander before he got the shot off, preferably knocking him down on his ass (that's if he didn't have the demeanor of a kind female). Martin took himself out of the play with bad positioning.

cadams

Postby cadams » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 am

It sucks missing what could be our top 4 next year if Ehrhoff is resigned in 58-3 and 10-51. If Cole and Lovejoy would be our bottom pairing right now things would be so much better.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:25 am

It sucks missing what could be our top 4 next year if Ehrhoff is resigned in 58-3 and 10-51. If Cole and Lovejoy would be our bottom pairing right now things would be so much better.
It's devastating actually... Imagine what Chicago would look like if they were missing Keith, Seabrook and someone like Oduya. Because that is basically what the Pens are missing right now plus Pouliot in terms of production, passing and defending.

If we can make it out of the series missing that, Johnston should be extended for 3 years