Super Bowl L

cadams

Super Bowl L

Postby cadams » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 pm

With the Steelers schedule the only team I worry about in Januray is the Patriots. If we can figure out a way to stop a TE from killing is then no one beats us next year.

shafnutz05

Super Bowl L

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:19 pm

For all of the talk about SuperCam, etc (and I count myself as one of his fans), he regressed very quickly against that Denver defense. The pouting, temper tantrums, etc from his rookie season suddenly manifested themselves again. His reaction to that fumble where he basically just watched it get recovered by the defense was bad. Really bad.

Algernon

Super Bowl L

Postby Algernon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Idk I feel like the fix has been in all playoffs for the Broncos

mikey

Super Bowl L

Postby mikey » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Idk I feel like the fix has been in all playoffs for the Broncos
:lol: Pls go

BigMck

Super Bowl L

Postby BigMck » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:33 pm

One TV on the big game, the other on the SuperBowl. To pay to play at the halftime says all you need to know about the halftime. To ruin a championship game by delaying it, days all you need to know about the championship game. I wish in my 401k plan, NFL Championship, was an option that I could invest in. Throw all earnings there, retire in 5 years happy and wealthy.

Oh, puppy bowl is on the other TV.

willeyeam

Super Bowl L

Postby willeyeam » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:38 pm

Also bet the MVP would thank God first in his speech
Lay up. You might as well spend those winnings right now.
I thought so. It was an underdog and Von Miller, that selfish SOB, didn't thank anyone.

Orlando Penguin

Super Bowl L

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 am

For the longest time, I tried to figure out who I thought was going to win this game. And then it sort of came to me earlier this week that the 2 weeks of prep that the Denver defense would have would be the difference. Wade Phillips came up with a tremendous game plan to just turn Miller and Ware loose on the ends while having the linebackers clog up the inside. The only time Cam had a clue was on that one touchdown drive they had in which they used enough misdirection to penalize the Broncos' overpursuit. The rest of the way, Cam was clueless as to what to do against that pass rush. His o-line certainly didn't help him at all either.

I was watching with co-workers in the bar and they all thought I was crazy when the Broncos hit the FG to go up 16-7 and I said that was all the points they'd need and that Peyton would just be a game manager. Noodlearm wasn't getting that ball more than 10 yards down the field. He's done...no matter what the slurping talking heads want to say. It's amazing that the person who some are trying to say is the greatest QB of all time (regular season, quite possibly) won both his Super Bowls because of his defense and that he was pretty ordinary in all 4 of his SB appearances.

And if I was a Steelers fan, I'd be very upset about the way this postseason played out. If stupid Michigan trash would have just held on to the damn ball...

tifosi77

Super Bowl L

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:52 am

So he won't announce it tonight. Did anyone think Bettis was trying to upstage anyone when he announced his retirement after SB XL?
Whether they realize it or not, any player who would take the Big Game victory podium as a chance to announce their retirement is really sucking all the oxygen out of the team accomplishment.

mikey

Super Bowl L

Postby mikey » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:46 am

Source of the post It's amazing that the person who some are trying to say is the greatest QB of all time (regular season, quite possibly) won both his Super Bowls because of his defense and that he was pretty ordinary in all 4 of his SB appearances.
It's amazing that anyone believes that quarterbacks win things without the help of their defense...or teammates...

Hopefully now that deathgrip has been loosened, as we see yet another Super Bowl that was won without a QB doing much of anything...he just went out there and tried not to lose...that was good enough to be counted as a win for others, let's see if it still counts...

NTP66

Super Bowl L

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 am

So he won't announce it tonight. Did anyone think Bettis was trying to upstage anyone when he announced his retirement after SB XL?
Whether they realize it or not, any player who would take the Big Game victory podium as a chance to announce their retirement is really sucking all the oxygen out of the team accomplishment.
I disagree completely, especially with this scenario (where everyone knew both players would be retiring after winning the SB).

shafnutz05

Super Bowl L

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:49 am

Manning played behind the best offensive line in football for the majority of his career, throwing to Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark. We should all be so blessed

NTP66

Super Bowl L

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:52 am

Source of the post It's amazing that the person who some are trying to say is the greatest QB of all time (regular season, quite possibly) won both his Super Bowls because of his defense and that he was pretty ordinary in all 4 of his SB appearances.
It's amazing that anyone believes that quarterbacks win things without the help of their defense...or teammates...

Hopefully now that deathgrip has been loosened, as we see yet another Super Bowl that was won without a QB doing much of anything...he just went out there and tried not to lose...that was good enough to be counted as a win for others, let's see if it still counts...
While I agree to a point, if not for Von Miller making Newton his play toy for the night, this game likely goes in another direction. Aside from the first series, Manning couldn't help the team move the chains at all, hampered by a severe lack of velocity on his throws. He'll still go down as one of the greatest QBs of all-time, and I'm fine with that. At the end of the day, the result was what I wanted to see.

Rocco

Super Bowl L

Postby Rocco » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:56 am

Manning played behind the best offensive line in football for the majority of his career, throwing to Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark. We should all be so blessed
Indy's offensive lines were never that good. Manning covered for them with his ability to get rid of the football.

NTP66

Super Bowl L

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:59 am

Manning had a good SB against the Bears, and picked apart their top-5 defense most of the game.

shmenguin

Super Bowl L

Postby shmenguin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:02 am

One thing everyone can agree on this morning is that the least sexy dance of all time was Beyoncé's fart-wafting.

NTP66

Super Bowl L

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 am

I turned off the game at halftime to watch Blindspot. A wise choice, it seems.

Beveridge

Super Bowl L

Postby Beveridge » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 am

Indy's offensive lines were never that good. Manning covered for them with his ability to get rid of the football.

I never heard of Harrison, Wayne, and Clark until Manning came around so....

It's a which came first the chicken or the egg scenario.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Super Bowl L

Postby LITT » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:04 am

while cam did not play well, the offensive line played infinitely worse. those offensive tackles. my god.

NTP66

Super Bowl L

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 am

while cam did not play well, the offensive line played infinitely worse. those offensive tackles. my god.
Oher was atrocious.

Silentom

Super Bowl L

Postby Silentom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:07 am

Bronco's defense blind sided Oher.

Reveutopique

Super Bowl L

Postby Reveutopique » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:16 am

I don't think I saw a single minute of the game even though I was sitting there the whole time. My mother in law and I started the day off with, "I don't care about this game at all".

But, I think we are going house hunting later and might move in together.
Last edited by Reveutopique on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dickie Dunn

Super Bowl L

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:24 am

I turned off the game at halftime to watch Blindspot. A wise choice, it seems.
I wish I had developed a blind spot that would have prevented me from seeing the halftime show.

Silentom

Super Bowl L

Postby Silentom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:27 am

I don't get why every halftime show has to have 13473578273434 guests now. Why can't they just pick a band and let them play?

Troy Loney

Super Bowl L

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 am

I never heard of Harrison, Wayne, and Clark until Manning came around so....

It's a which came first the chicken or the egg scenario.
Manning came first.

Manning has definitely become a robotic corporate stooge. This SB win for him is of the Trent Dilfer SB QB winner, but the hate is getting excessive with this revisionist history BS.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Super Bowl L

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 am

that game sucked