Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.'s daughter has N-Hodgkins Lymphoma and I guess Lemieux wrote her a letter.

Pretty tear jerking

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Who was doing the hand wringing? While I can believe fans would blow it out of proportion, I'm seeing a typical DK move where a few people gave their opinion on it, and he turns it into "HOW IS THIS SUCH A BIG DEAL!"

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Who was doing the hand wringing? While I can believe fans would blow it out of proportion, I'm seeing a typical DK move where a few people gave their opinion on it, and he turns it into "HOW IS THIS SUCH A BIG DEAL!"
DK was. It was terrible

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 am

Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.'s daughter has N-Hodgkins Lymphoma and I guess Lemieux wrote her a letter.

Pretty tear jerking
In the comments section of the TSN article there were a large volume of posts from people who said Mario did the same for their relatives or friends. It's amazing how many people he touched.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am

DK was. It was terrible
I'm all for the sanctity of the game, but I've got bigger things to worry about instead of netting.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 pm

I love that you not only still watch Seinfeld but you do so on a schedule. Awesome.

I watched the Bakery/Gortex episode a few days ago.
I try to catch at least one most nights, but Thursday is a guaranteed watch. I stop by my folks house and usually catch it from 7-8 with mum.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 pm

When Madden refers to "the B team", which show on 93.Shevun is he ripping on?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:48 pm

I always took it as the whole station, but he probably means the show opposite of his I guess. Altho I know he likes Mueller, he likes Poni, and is friends with Pittsburgh Dad Jr. and Colony. I don't think he's too fond of anyone else or they of him.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Adam Crowley is a voice doppelgänger for Tim Benz

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:59 am

Today on the fan morning show:

Colin Pittsburgh Dad Jr.: WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dude whines constantly.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 am

You could have a fun drinking game every time Mueller says "man" ("I dunno, man", "Let me tell ya man,", etc. etc.) or Pittsburgh Dad Jr. says "down the liner".

I also find it interesting that on morning sports radio show, in a town where hockey is pretty popular, you have a host who considers every regular season game an "exhibition game" because the "real" games don't start til the playoffs. But then runs his mouth about "peak yinzers."

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 am

He tries so hard to be the contrarian and he really just comes off insufferable. Would not want to even think about having a conversation with him.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Schultzford.com
Schultzford.com
Schultzford.com

Schultzford.com

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:23 pm

That is the worst commercial of all time. How much did they pay the agency to come up with the idea of just saying the websites name over and over and over each time in a more annoying way than the last.

Schultzforddotcom
Shultz FORD.com
Shutlz....Ford.com

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm

HAGGIS!!!! YEEEEEEEEHAWWW!!!!

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 pm

I have to ask something I've noticed about the afternoons. I randomly switch over to Starkey & Mueller (Mullzy) and its not every day and its never more than a few minutes at a time. Every single time I listen for those few minutes they somehow shoe horn a Buffalo reference in so they play that clip from that old song "Buffalo's got a spirit, Talkin proud talkin proud." I can't imagine every time I randomly tune in they just happen to play that clip. So it that in their daily show prep? Or do they do it multiple times a show. That's got Mueller written all over it. He's never seen an unfunny thing he hasn't buried into the ground.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:04 pm

The fact that they're still playing that years after I stopped listening to them, let alone with any frequency, is a war crime

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Haha so this was a thing *years* ago? How am I not surprised.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:03 pm

I have to ask something I've noticed about the afternoons. I randomly switch over to Starkey & Mueller (Mullzy) and its not every day and its never more than a few minutes at a time. Every single time I listen for those few minutes they somehow shoe horn a Buffalo reference in so they play that clip from that old song "Buffalo's got a spirit, Talkin proud talkin proud." I can't imagine every time I randomly tune in they just happen to play that clip. So it that in their daily show prep? Or do they do it multiple times a show. That's got Mueller written all over it. He's never seen an unfunny thing he hasn't buried into the ground.
Starkey is from Buffalo and is madly in love with the city. Every time he says something about Buffalo they play it.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:15 pm

Why does everyone who calls into the Nightly Sports Call with Bob Pomp sound like they're incredibly out of breath?

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Talkin proud
Talkin proud

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 pm

da FAN never misses an opportunity to further run a bad joke into the ground.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 pm

That is true....I still like Scotty F and Amy Lawrence late nights though.

LITT

Postby LITT » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:25 am

Schultzford.com
Schultzford.com
Schultzford.com

Schultzford.com
these are the worst. and the fact that the mic is so close to his mouth you can hear his mouth nosies makes me almost retch every time i hear it

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:33 am

Starkey is from Buffalo and is madly in love with the city. Every time he says something about Buffalo they play it.
I understand all that. My observation is for someone who listens for 2 minute random intervals less than a handful of times a week, how do I hear that every time? I'm not exaggerating. So I have to assume it's planned and they do that several times each show. Now I learn from Slap Brown that this has been going on for years. It's a level of obnoxious/unfunny that I didn't even give da Fan enough credit that they could reach. I thought they had peaked with the Tabata neck lips stuff, after he'd been on the team for 6 years and those two were apparently the last people that noticed his tattoo.