Politics And Current Events

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 am

Source of the post In any event, the shooter was not killed, so I'm sure we'll learn more about this nutjob soon.
He was the nicest guy in the world, just another friendly face in the neighborhood...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 am

https://apnews.com/3e84732a7d594eedba6fae5dd10808b7
Scalise was fielding balls on second base when he was shot, Flake said. He said the congressman dragged himself 10 to 15 yards into the outfield to get further away from the gunman.

Initial reports said that as many as 50 shots had been fired, but Flake said, “50 would be an understatement. He had a lot of
ammo.”
Rep. Mo Brooks, an Alabama Republican, said that Scalise had what appeared to be “a hip wound.” The Alabama lawmaker said he colleague “crawled into the outfield, leaving a trail of blood.”

“We started giving him the liquids, I put pressure on his wound in his hip,” Brooks said.

Brooks said two law enforcement officers were believed to be among the others shot.

Texas Rep. Roger Williams says a member of his staff was also shot and was receiving medical attention. Williams did not say what condition the staffer was in.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

“He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”
Definitely an attack on the GOP & 2nd amendment.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 am

“He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”
You're becoming deranged.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:25 am

I would assume that whoever this was, there is a trail of craziness left on the webz.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:26 am

You can't see that becoming the narrative?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 am

That this shooting was "an attack against the 2nd amendment"? I'm not even sure how that makes sense.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:46 am

That this shooting was "an attack against the 2nd amendment"? I'm not even sure how that makes sense.
False flag, bruh. Now they're going to take everyone's guns.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am

How many rounds were fired? Not to be insensitive, but I'd be curious as to what actual weapon was used. Typically if it was an AR or an AK, they come with 30-round mags.

This event didn't sound like he had enough time to fire that many rounds and miss that many people if he "kept unloading and reloading."

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:54 am

That quote from the article is straight out of the anti playbook.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:57 am

“As we were standing here this morning, a gunman walked up to the fence line and just began to shoot. I was standing at home plate and he was in the third base line,” Bishop said. “He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”

The shooting went on for roughly 10 minutes, with some accounts putting the number of shots fired around 100. Five people were injured, including two Capitol Hill police officers and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, of Louisiana. The suspect was also shot.

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” said Bishop. “He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.”
Found the answer. I guess my follow-up question, in this day and age...why were there so many politicians and so few security?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 am

Can't help but wonder if this is the event that starts a crackdown on the public as a whole.

Trump is unhinged enough to start really drawing back civil liberties in reaction to this.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:02 am

I'm always surprised when a Good Samaritan shooter isn't shot by responding LEO. I mean, in this particular scene the responding LEOs roll up and see two guys shooting, not one good guy and one bad guy.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:05 am

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for something like this to happen. I don't encourage nor condone it, but it has been brewing for some time now. This is today's American politics... divisive AF. People become obsessive about it, they become unhinged, they find people online that agree with them and encourage them whereas before most people that they'd interact with tell them to STFU and go on living their life. I don't know how long until this type of thing happens again, but it will happen again. I also don't know what the answer to solving it is.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:05 am

Obviously its horrible to think someone could just roll up to a baseball field or whatever and start unloading magazines into unarmed people.

Politicians will blame the opposite side's media coverage and the country just will continue to get more divided.

I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of heinous thing becomes more common.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

So, I suppose this instance is an argument for concealed carry and against rifles that can shoot that many rounds? I can get on board with that.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for something like this to happen. I don't encourage nor condone it, but it has been brewing for some time now. This is today's American politics... divisive AF. People become obsessive about it, they become unhinged, they find people online that agree with them and encourage them whereas before most people that they'd interact with tell them to STFU and go on living their life. I don't know how long until this type of thing happens again, but it will happen again. I also don't know what the answer to solving it is.
this.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 am

See Gabby Gifford.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am

So, I suppose this instance is an argument for concealed carry and against rifles that can shoot that many rounds? I can get on board with that.
Are you implying a permitted CCW holder concealed carried a rifle?

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 am

Another negative consequence of this **** happening, is that security and police will just have more momentum to keep becoming more and more militarized

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 am

I'm not quite sure how you got that out of his post.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 am

no he's implying that concealed carry pistols have a valid place as oppose to automatic rifles

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am

Whoops, yep. I read it backwards which was why it sounded so absurd. :lol:

My bad.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am

no he's implying that concealed carry pistols have a valid place as oppose to automatic rifles

I doubt he had an automatic rifle.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am

I doubt he had an automatic rifle.
its really not hard to make a semi automatic AK a fully automatic AK.

pretty sure they sold kits on ebay to do it