The Cannabis Corner

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Crime stats dropped (even violent crime), teen use has not risen, tax $$$, new jobs...and none of the boogeymen have come true. The edible market seems a little out of hand but they're working on it.

They may be finding more people pulled over with THC in their system, but they aren't necessarily impaired. And traffic accidents haven't risen. THC hangs around for weeks. Which implies that there are simply more adult users.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:57 pm

the liberal party is leading canadian polls. they have vowed to immediately legalize cannabis nation wide.

so that's cool.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:20 pm

road trip

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:25 pm

I was looking for a vacation spot for after I defend next summer... Oh, Canada.

Reveutopique

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Reveutopique » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:26 pm

I was looking for a vacation spot for after I defend next summer... Oh, Canada.
What are you working on?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Super cool stuff!
Okay, maybe not so super cool stuff. I make metallic nanowires for studying one dimensional superconducting physics. Why are mine cool? I make them super long. The reason for that is that we need the length to get proper measurements on the wire. Along the way we've made some interesting wires both homo and heterogeneous in structure. Currently just trying to finish up this one more thing before I start writing all my stuff up.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:49 pm

you ever make metallic nanowires for studying one dimensional superconducting physics...
...on weed?

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Super cool stuff!
Okay, maybe not so super cool stuff. I make metallic nanowires for studying one dimensional superconducting physics. Why are mine cool? I make them super long. The reason for that is that we need the length to get proper measurements on the wire. Along the way we've made some interesting wires both homo and heterogeneous in structure. Currently just trying to finish up this one more thing before I start writing all my stuff up.
That actually does sound super cool...

Reveutopique

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:00 am

Super cool stuff!
I did a little googling.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 am

So that pot guy did end up winning last night

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Canada's new honcho wrecking some bozo addiction "expert"

she brings up her teen daughter who has access to weed...which leads to a wonderfully subtle dig on her parenting, but it makes me wish advocates would bring up the following when challenged..if a person tells you that prohibition should continue, simply ask them what should happen if their kid is a freshman in college and they try an illicit substance once and happen to be busted for possession. none of them will say that their child should go to jail or to drug court (both of which carry a record). so they only want OTHER people's children arrested - not their own.

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Super cool stuff!
I'd like to read the write up if possible after you are done!
Canada's new honcho wrecking some bozo addiction "expert"
she brings up her teen daughter who has access to weed...which leads to a wonderfully subtle dig on her parenting, but it makes me wish advocates would bring up the following when challenged..if a person tells you that prohibition should continue, simply ask them what should happen if their kid is a freshman in college and they try an illicit substance once and happen to be busted for possession. none of them will say that their child should go to jail or to drug court (both of which carry a record). so they only want OTHER people's children arrested - not their own.
That wasn't very subtle, but it was awesome.

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:11 pm

What's the buzz out there about the Ohio vote?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:26 pm

What's the buzz out there about the Ohio vote?
Pre election polls showed a pretty even split - which would likely mean a loss.

There are people who support legalization, but oppose this initiative. Those people are called morons.

Lots of fuss about the "monopoly", but that monopoly is going to create thousands of jobs. And as long as there is a "grow your own" provision, the typical voter really shouldn't give 2 craps about who the players are in retail. Lots of dumb ideology from all angles here.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Live Coverage of Ohio’s Marijuana Vote on CannabisRadio.com with Russ Belville Tonight
Coverage begins at 6pm Eastern with The Russ Belville Show, followed by Toker Talk Radio at 7pm, then Marijuana Election Night 2015 at 8pm as the polls close in Ohio and the results come in. Joining The Russ Belville Show will be campaign representatives from ResponsibleOhio, the group fighting for marijuana legalization.

Toker Talk Radio features the Internet’s only live talk-radio call-in number (971-533-7111) for discussion of marijuana law reform. Callers from across the country are encouraged to call in with their questions and comments about the Ohio marijuana legalization vote, which includes the legalization measure Issue 3 and the anti-monopoly Issue 2, which could undermine and invalidate Issue 3.

Vote results should come in sometime after 8pm Eastern and will be live-streamed on CannabisRadio.com and live-blogged at MarijuanaPolitics.com. This will mark the fourth Marijuana Election Night covered by Russ via Internet radio streaming.

http://www.cannabisradio.com/

Viva la Ben

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:10 pm

That link is getting hit hard, like a first timer

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:19 pm

It's funny because while Belville is a great advocate with a high production value show, his youtube videos have like 20 views. He's definitely not used to high volume.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Bernie Sanders Introduces Bill Ending The Federal Ban On Marijuana
The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act, introduced Wednesday, is modeled after a bill first proposed by Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) in 2013, which was reintroduced this year as the Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act. The Senate bill would remove marijuana from the Drug Enforcement Administration's list of the "most dangerous" drugs and strike marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act...

"This is the first time a bill to end federal marijuana prohibition has been introduced in the U.S. Senate," said Tom Angell, chairman of Marijuana Majority.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ber ... 4aee4858ae

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Bernie Sanders Introduces Bill Ending The Federal Ban On Marijuana
The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act, introduced Wednesday, is modeled after a bill first proposed by Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) in 2013, which was reintroduced this year as the Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act. The Senate bill would remove marijuana from the Drug Enforcement Administration's list of the "most dangerous" drugs and strike marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act...

"This is the first time a bill to end federal marijuana prohibition has been introduced in the U.S. Senate," said Tom Angell, chairman of Marijuana Majority.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ber ... 4aee4858ae
wonder if a certain someone in the PDT will evoke bill clinton and keep saying this isn't a partisan issue, while the votes show the republicans attempting to murder this.

Factorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Factorial » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:23 am

Mexico’s Supreme Court rules that smoking pot is a fundamental human right:
Mexico's Supreme Court ruled 4-to-1 Wednesday that outlawing the possession and use of the marijuana plant represents a violation of fundamental human rights. While the ruling does not mean that marijuana is now legal in the country — it only applies to the four plaintiffs in this specific case — it gives a tremendous amount of political space for lawmakers to introduce marijuana reform bills at the state and federal level in Mexico.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... ge%2Fstory

:thumb:

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:46 am

TIL Mexico has states :oops:

Silentom

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Silentom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:48 am

TIL Mexico has states :oops:
News to me as well!

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Mexico

Apparently legalization support is minuscule, especially compared to the US. And the number of users is incredibly low. So it would be the height of irony if they legalize before us. But there are a lot more steps in the Supreme Court to get them there.

Re: the Sanders bill

There are provisions in certain states where if marijuana is de-scheduled (as this bill would do) it is automatically legalized in those states. No additional voting or other legislation is required and it is not negotiable. I'm trying to find out which states that applies to. If it includes some of the Bible Belt...watch out. So...this bill will not pass, but THIS is how prohibition will die. It's kind of funny all the money and effort being put into the grueling state by state strategy, but eventually there's going to be a sweeping change where it's a done deal across the board (not terribly unlike gay marriage).

columbia

The Cannabis Corner

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Agreed on the last part.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:24 pm

godspeed, you yinzers

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/ ... 1511170084
City Councilman Daniel Lavelle is scheduled to introduce legislation today that will allow city police to issue a fine instead of a misdemeanor summons for possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana or eight grams of hashish. The ordinance, which sets a civil fine of up to $100, allows officers to seize the drugs and means Pittsburgh will join a “growing trend of local municipalities enacting similar laws to protect its citizens,” Mr. Lavelle’s office said in a news release.