Politics And Current Events

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:29 pm

What sort of vetting did the Cambodian refugees face to ensure they weren't Khmer Rouge?

Wait what? The Khmer Rouge was a political ruling party.
One that eliminated of quarter (2 million) of their population.
Yeah I'm gonna call it the same thing...

I'm very glad Factorial brought this up.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:30 pm

What sort of vetting did the Cambodian refugees face to ensure they weren't Khmer Rouge?

Wait what? The Khmer Rouge was a political ruling party.
One that eliminated of quarter (2 million) of their population.

No ****. Everyone here knows that. People openly declared by name they were involved with the Khmer Rouge. People with ISIS don't, unless they are leaders.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:31 pm

So we just knowingly let 100s and or thousands of terrorists and terrorist sympathizers into countries because it is hard to fix or do? Is that how countries are supposed to run?
Yeah, that's what I said.

Not fixing it bc it is hard and expensive is knowingly doing that. What else would it be?
I didn't say "Well screw it, just let them in to reign fire upon us."

I said in my first post that I don't think there's a right choice. It's a very hard decision either way and I don't pretend to know the answer. It basically boils down to whether we feel our lives are more important than theirs. I can see both sides.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:33 pm

So we just knowingly let 100s and or thousands of terrorists and terrorist sympathizers into countries because it is hard to fix or do? Is that how countries are supposed to run?
Yeah, that's what I said.

Not fixing it bc it is hard and expensive is knowingly doing that. What else would it be?
I didn't say "Well screw it, just let them in to reign fire upon us." Your reading comprehension skills are pretty poor for someone with a family with a background in education.

I said in my first post that I don't think there's a right choice. It's a very hard decision either way and I don't pretend to know the answer. It basically boils down to whether we feel "our" lives are more important than "theirs". I can see both sides.

I didn't once say you. I was just posing questions. Your reading comprehension needs improvement.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:33 pm

People pretend the only scenerio is an already established terrorists saying, I'm goin over there with these refugees cause in 2 years I want to do some terrorism." What about people who just sympathize with radical islam, or ISIS? These people in San Bernardino were perfectly nice normal people and as Obama put it, "went down the path of radicalization." Same with the Tsarnaev's. What happens when people come here with no money, can't speak the language, can't get jobs, becoming more and more alienated from society and then, at the very least, turn to crime and violent crime? At worst "become radicalized." Just to see people shout xenophobic! islamophobic! Trumpian! and whatever else acting like this is something that would only play out in Hollywood, when it already happened, and is happening in other parts of the world as we speak, is infuriating.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:34 pm

:pop:

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:35 pm

I didn't once say you. I was just posing questions. Your reading comprehension needs improvement.
You quoted me and your response was directly referencing the section of my post you quoted. It was pretty clear you were referring to my statements, not some mysterious third party.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:38 pm

You quoted me. It was pretty clear you were referring to my statements, not some mysterious third party.

There is a thing called quoting and using it to pose questions or further dialogue without calling out a person the person you quoted or insinuating that they don't care about something... Simmer down.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:42 pm

There is a thing called quoting and using it to pose questions or further dialogue without calling out a person the person you quoted or insinuating that they don't care about something... Simmer down.
http://zippy.gfycat.com/UnhappyElementa ... ottle.webm

Seriously though, no hard feelings. ;)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:46 pm

People pretend the only scenerio is an already established terrorists saying, I'm goin over there with these refugees cause in 2 years I want to do some terrorism." What about people who just sympathize with radical islam, or ISIS? These people in San Bernardino were perfectly nice normal people and as Obama put it, "went down the path of radicalization." Same with the Tsarnaev's. What happens when people come here with no money, can't speak the language, can't get jobs, becoming more and more alienated from society and then, at the very least, turn to crime and violent crime? At worst "become radicalized." Just to see people shout xenophobic! islamophobic! Trumpian! and whatever else acting like this is something that would only play out in Hollywood, when it already happened, and is happening in other parts of the world as we speak, is infuriating.

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Taking out Abu Muhammad al-Adnani al-Shami would be a nice start

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:55 pm

We're hopefully going to see the end of the modern (as it were) Republican Party in 2016. If so, how do things split out? The Trumpanistas form the MAGA Party and never look back? Or do they take over the GOP?

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm

I can't even talk about the refugee thing anymore

I'm already blue in the face over it.

People are just way too naive

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:07 pm

huh-whhhaaaaa?? :shock: :o :shock: But I was told something like this was right up there with pigs flying. I'm sure tho over here in CandyLand theres no possibility of it ever happening.

Finland Charges Two 'Refugees' With Terror Murder Of 11 dailycaller.com/2015/12/11/fin
ah, the classic "let's link a page that doesn't exist"
The, uh, murders..... they were committed in Iraq.
How is this, uh, supposed to be a point?

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:12 pm

I didn't say "Well screw it, just let them in to reign fire upon us."

I said in my first post that I don't think there's a right choice. It's a very hard decision either way and I don't pretend to know the answer. It basically boils down to whether we feel our lives are more important than theirs. I can see both sides.
I agree with you on the principle of the thing. However, if we're going to have this government idea, it seems to me that it's first order of business should be to protect those people over whom it claims authority. Now, that is just a laugh-out-loud farce, when you understand what government (the state) is... but ostensibly, it's "supposed" to provide for the security of those (unlucky) individuals within its territorial claims.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:46 pm

We're hopefully going to see the end of the modern (as it were) Republican Party in 2016. If so, how do things split out? The Trumpanistas form the MAGA Party and never look back? Or do they take over the GOP?
People said th party was dead in 2010. That didn't happen. It most likely won't now either.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Retired Generals Ask Carter to Open Military to Sikhs
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015 ... ayinmil.sm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 pm

What amazes me about the Republican Party is the hard stand against gay marriage and the like. As long as they maintain fiscally conservative, they'll still get the conservative vote.

But opposing gay marriage in today's world is entirely archaic and hurting their chances. Gay marriage is GOING around happen...there's no stopping it. The Repubs might as well accept defeat to gain voter support (not just on this issue)

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 pm

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/zac ... ing-burned

A full-scale world military force (including Russia and the West) is long overdue. For God's sake, enough is enough. It's time for Obama to bury the hatchet with Putin and tackle a problem that is universal.
“There are thousands of young Yezidi women, girls, and even children, who as I speak have been enslaved and forced into sexual slavery. These girls are subjected to daily, multiple rapes by ISIS monsters,” he testified.

“According to many escaped women and girls whom I talked to in Northern Iraq, the abducted Yezidis, mostly women and children, number over 7,000. Some of those women and girls have had to watch 7-, 8-, and 9-year-old children bleed to death before their eyes, after being raped by ISIS militia multiple times a day,” said Ismail.

“I met mothers, whose children were torn from them by ISIS. These same mothers came to plead for the return of their children, only to be informed, that they, the mothers, had been fed the flesh of their own children by ISIS. Children murdered, then fed to their own mothers.

“ISIS militia have burned many Yezidi girls alive for refusing to convert and marry ISIS men. Young Yezidi boys are being trained to be jihadists and suicide bombers. All of our temples in the ISIS controlled area are exploded and destroyed.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:27 pm

People said th party was dead in 2010. That didn't happen. It most likely won't now either.
The Republican party controls the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, and a majority of the governor's mansions. Control of the state legislatures means they have control of districting, making it difficult for Democrats to win back Congressional seats. The one thing they haven't been able to get is the White House.

https://ballotpedia.org/Gubernatorial_a ... government

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Retired Generals Ask Carter to Open Military to Sikhs
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015 ... ayinmil.sm
Sikhs have a tradition of being a very peaceful religion, but at the same time they have a history of being fierce fighters.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:46 pm

I was close to making a bold prediction that I will not see a Republican president in my lifetime (seriously). The demographics of our country are changing so rapidly, well, you know.

Going back to the illegal immigration/refugee issue, I have an honest question to ask anyone in this thread. Does anyone actually believe Democratic politicians are doing this out of compassion? I think it's patently obvious they are pushing amnesty, etc, to reinforce their voting bloc. It's very practical and pragmatic. I don't think for a second they give a flying **** about these people, but they 100% represent future votes.

Am I wrong? GO.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PdoT8gFZ0

Have you guys heard this leaked audio? It makes me like Ted Cruz a lot more. He sounds pragmatic, and I actually appreciate his candid humor in terms of political maneuvering.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Does anyone actually believe Democratic politicians are doing this out of compassion? I think it's patently obvious they are pushing amnesty, etc, to reinforce their voting bloc. It's very practical and pragmatic. I don't think for a second they give a flying **** about these people, but they 100% represent future votes.
I don't believe any politicians, on either side, truly care about the good of the people. I think politicians are power hungry egomaniacs who get into the "profession" for the perks and bribes. I'm sure there might be a handful of honest, good pols but I think they're very, very few and far between.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:41 am

Does anyone actually believe Democratic politicians are doing this out of compassion? I think it's patently obvious they are pushing amnesty, etc, to reinforce their voting bloc. It's very practical and pragmatic. I don't think for a second they give a flying **** about these people, but they 100% represent future votes.
I don't believe any politicians, on either side, truly care about the good of the people. I think politicians are power hungry egomaniacs who get into the "profession" for the perks and bribes. I'm sure there might be a handful of honest, good pols but I think they're very, very few and far between.
:thumb: