Video Games

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:12 pm

NHL 16 is coming to EA Access Vault on March 29th. For some reason I thought it was already there.

If your frustration and stress levels feel far too low, consider playing NHL 16.
Buddy of mine gave me his copy of it cause he didn't like how the gameplay felt.

It's still too easy to score.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 pm

I know they can't add vehicles to the game without fundamental changes to gameplay, but it's always peeved me in the Fallout games that computers, robots, and lots of other stuff can work just fine after 200+ years, but none of the nuclear-powered cars and trucks work. Also, many of them are missing their doors. Is there some monster than runs around the wasteland eating car doors?

I must have crossed some line in leveling up, because the raiders all started carrying better weapons, and I started to run into a number of "legendary" critters. Although the legendary deer I hacked to death with a machete didn't seem much different from any other deer.

I wonder if Dogmeat is disturbed that my primary source of food and health is roasted mutt chops from all of the mongrel and attack dogs I keep running into.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:25 pm

I know they can't add vehicles to the game without fundamental changes to gameplay, but it's always peeved me in the Fallout games that computers, robots, and lots of other stuff can work just fine after 200+ years, but none of the nuclear-powered cars and trucks work. Also, many of them are missing their doors. Is there some monster than runs around the wasteland eating car doors?

I must have crossed some line in leveling up, because the raiders all started carrying better weapons, and I started to run into a number of "legendary" critters. Although the legendary deer I hacked to death with a machete didn't seem much different from any other deer.

I wonder if Dogmeat is disturbed that my primary source of food and health is roasted mutt chops from all of the mongrel and attack dogs I keep running into.
The nuclear war also released EMP blasts that destroyed electronics in the wastelands. All the cars died and all the planes fell from the skys.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:37 pm

The nuclear war also released EMP blasts that destroyed electronics in the wastelands. All the cars died and all the planes fell from the skys.
I know, I know. ;) But oddly a computer terminal one of my former neighbor's houses (the one who was a drug dealer) in Sanctuary is still working even though it was right inside his front window (and has been probably getting rained on the whole time too).

I'm just being unnecessarily picky about inconsistent attention to detail. Like the fact that most of the houses in the game are way too small to be real, and a lot of the non-Sanctuary houses didn't even have any bathrooms. I guess a lot of people in pre-war Boston just peed out the windows and crapped in their yards.

Algernon

Video Games

Postby Algernon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:23 pm

I was completely disappointed with fallout 4

The story was garbage. The factions sucked. The story was so unbelievably see through. I knew the man behind the curtain's identity before I even played an hour.

The building and crafting aspects of the game were terribad.

Idk... it just could have been so much better.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:33 am

I know, I know. ;) But oddly a computer terminal one of my former neighbor's houses (the one who was a drug dealer) in Sanctuary is still working even though it was right inside his front window (and has been probably getting rained on the whole time too).

I'm just being unnecessarily picky about inconsistent attention to detail. Like the fact that most of the houses in the game are way too small to be real, and a lot of the non-Sanctuary houses didn't even have any bathrooms. I guess a lot of people in pre-war Boston just peed out the windows and crapped in their yards.
Yeah, the houses bug me, too.

Why are they all boarded up, as well? Who the hell was going around the wasteland nailing plywood onto doors and windows, and why couldn't they nail boards over the windows in Sanctuary?

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 am

UFC 2 is meh. Career mode is trash, it's just another game that went towards the ultimate team buy out.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:15 am

UFC 2 is meh. Career mode is trash, it's just another game that went towards the ultimate team buy out.
I was gonna get it, then I saw some gameplay, and saw the reviews... and passed.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 am

I want a new boxing game. It's been five years since Fight Night Champion was released and I've never gotten into the UFC games.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:26 am

I picked up Just Cause 3 on sale to hold me over till Uncharted 4 since I had just finished Mad Max(great game by the way). Only played about 30 minutes, but it looks like its gonna be alot of fun.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 am

I want a new boxing game. It's been five years since Fight Night Champion was released and I've never gotten into the UFC games.
I mean, the team that did it, made UFC. That all being said when someone takes you to the ground, the controls are less intuitive than the last game, which I considered terrible too.

Algernon

Video Games

Postby Algernon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Ultimate team is literally the most scumbag thing the video game industry has ever done.

I refuse to ever spend a nickel on that dumb ****

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:30 am

Yea, and that's what they implemented in UFC this year. The career mode is basically Ultimate team, because the real career mode sets up up to retire before you're 30 if you make a guy that's 19/20.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Does anyone play Hearthstone? I need some friends who will let me spectate their matches so I can earn a free pack every now and then. The people I have now don't have spectate enabled.

A shallow friend request I know.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:23 pm

I mean, the team that did it, made UFC. That all being said when someone takes you to the ground, the controls are less intuitive than the last game, which I considered terrible too.
I knew that EA moved the Fight Night team to UFC, but here's the thing: I suck at video games. I usually play on the lower settings and even then get my ass kicked sometimes. For me, moving around the ring, throwing six punches, and keeping my opponent to a connect rate below 60% was hard enough. Add in kicking and take downs and holds and submissions and whatever else? Too much for me to care about.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault is the free game for Origin (PC) this month. Should run on older computers, too.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:44 pm

I would love to play an up-res version of the original COD and MOH games.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Anyone care about Sony making the PS4.5 / PS4K? A 4K capable PS4 that also does VR?

I honestly don't care. My knee-jerk was that I'd have to buy another new console, but then realized the improvements don't really matter to me.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:01 pm

Anyone care about Sony making the PS4.5 / PS4K? A 4K capable PS4 that also does VR?

I honestly don't care. My knee-jerk was that I'd have to buy another new console, but then realized the improvements don't really matter to me.
I only care about a larger storage capacity, and that hasn't been confirmed. The better processing power sounds good, but who knows how many games with take advantage of it. Plus, would those improvements make newer games worse on the regular PS4 due to it not being powerful enough to handle the graphical/performance boost?

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:29 pm

You can upgrade your current PS4 to better storage. I have a 2TB SSD running in mine. The PS4k isn't enough for me to switch because VR isn't my thing.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:29 pm

I actually have a TB HDD on the way from Amazon to replace the standard HDD that came with the PS4. The default drive is ridiculously small for today's game.

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:11 am

Interplanetary Bass boat incoming!
dangle the lines, drink the beers
and don't drive the boat while sauced
son of a dodint

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 am

Picked up MLB The Show 16 this weekend. I'm going in two year intervals with the game, and it looks way more refined. Only thing I hated when I only had Xbox, was that baseball games were garbage.

Craig

Video Games

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

Baseball games?

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:31 am

Picked up MLB The Show 16 this weekend. I'm going in two year intervals with the game, and it looks way more refined. Only thing I hated when I only had Xbox, was that baseball games were garbage.
I suggest getting a GameFly free trial, ordering the years you don't purchase, and then moving your game save from year to year. Essential if you play RTTS. Return the rented discs and cancel Gamefly. Repeat in two years.