Video Games

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:38 am

Invite sent, no reply. :lol:
lol hey bro I accepted ya. No need for that hate :lol:
Yeah, it was tongue-in-cheek. I sent the invite at like 10pm EDT, played for an hour and then went to bed and haven't played since. :lol:

You probably won't see me much until the weekend since I'm pulling some OT this week. Get some practice in. ;)

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:37 pm

@silentom

I got back into and played Automatron. I haven't done any of the robot building, just did the quest. It was about 3-4 hours of additional gameplay I would estimate. It was a good additional story line IMO, and adds a new faction of stronger raider-type folks -- the Rust Devils.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:39 pm

@silentom

I got back into and played Automatron. I haven't done any of the robot building, just did the quest. It was about 3-4 hours of additional gameplay I would estimate. It was a good additional story line IMO, and adds a new faction of stronger raider-type folks -- the Rust Devils.
Nice. It might be a Fallout kind of weekend. :fist:

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:55 pm

I scored 200+ points in the ohl as a 17 year old and broke every record.

Drafted 47 overall

Yeah okay.gif

Not to mention how slow you improve.... 70 overall rating? Please go
I was drafted 4th. I have no idea what either you or Nocera did wrong.
Dirt is a banned substance

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 am

Invite sent, no reply. :lol:
lol hey bro I accepted ya. No need for that hate :lol:
Yeah, it was tongue-in-cheek. I sent the invite at like 10pm EDT, played for an hour and then went to bed and haven't played since. :lol:

You probably won't see me much until the weekend since I'm pulling some OT this week. Get some practice in. ;)
Lol I'm so inconsistent in it. Ill be tolerable one game, and a a completely worthless player the next.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 am

I had to roll (another) new character in Fallout last night. I wanted to do some quests for the Railroad, but progressed too far with the main story, and now the fudgers won't talk to me.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:15 am

The stuff added with the workshop DLC is bomb, though. Lots of new options for settlement building.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/commen ... wn_of_new/

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:09 pm

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

:thumb: I am a full-blown Doom fanboy. I still occasionally go back and play through the original trilogy, Doom II, Final Doom, etc. I used to have that compliation they released in the later 90s of all of the fan-created WADs. That was fun for months. Also have fond memories of deathmatching with my buddy on dial-up.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Doom II for Win95. I still have the disc in my study.

The SNES port was bad.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:25 pm

I had to roll (another) new character in Fallout last night. I wanted to do some quests for the Railroad, but progressed too far with the main story, and now the fudgers won't talk to me.
That's one of the things I hated about F4. They ask you to dabble with other factions then they screw you over by getting so tangled in missions that it becomes unclear when to stop. I ended going with my boys the Minute men and taking over the wasteland for myself. (In my own head-canon).

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:31 pm

That's one of the things I hated about F4. They ask you to dabble with other factions then they screw you over by getting so tangled in missions that it becomes unclear when to stop. I ended going with my boys the Minute men and taking over the wasteland for myself. (In my own head-canon).
Yeah I think the MM is definitely the best option. If you play your cards right you can destroy the Institute only and still have RR and BoS.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:02 pm

The stuff added with the workshop DLC is bomb, though. Lots of new options for settlement building.
I particularly appreciate the powered water pump that you can place on land. Very few of the settlement locations have access to a body of water to use the two purifiers, and it really annoyed me that I had to build a giant row of those little crappy pumps in order to get water in most of the settlements. I also like a lot of the new lights, and the concrete stuff is way nicer looking than the wood and metal building parts. It really annoys me that the wood and metal roofs are all full of holes. I know I'm supposed to be working with scrap materials, but it doesn't make any sense to put up a roof that's riddled with holes like the wood roofs all are. If it's going to leak like a sieve anyway, why would I have bothered in the first place?

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Agreed on all of that. I love that they added a fusion generator too. 100 power is fantastic.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:34 am

Has anyone ever played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? $5 on Origin. I remember hearing good things about it, but didn't know it was 17 years old. I guess it works via DOSbox?

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 am

Agreed on all of that. I love that they added a fusion generator too. 100 power is fantastic.
Reading this pains me. That Samus LED board I made would have been so much more manageable.

Kraftster

Video Games

Postby Kraftster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 am

Has anyone ever played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? $5 on Origin. I remember hearing good things about it, but didn't know it was 17 years old. I guess it works via DOSbox?
I didn't care for Alpha Centauri. The best part of that game was the unit mods--you could really play around with units and make some pretty cool stuff, as I recall. I recall the AI being pretty bad, though I'm sure I only played vanilla.

Avyran

Video Games

Postby Avyran » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:36 pm

I didn't care for Alpha Centauri. The best part of that game was the unit mods--you could really play around with units and make some pretty cool stuff, as I recall. I recall the AI being pretty bad, though I'm sure I only played vanilla.
Second this. It was a decent game, and the ability to make up your own units was pretty neat. And the different races / human groups SHOULD'VE been interesting. It should've worked & been really fun.

But for some reason, it never kept my attention. I'd say it's worth trying for $5 (or just downloading via other means & then, if you like it, buying it), though, since that's not much.

Craig

Video Games

Postby Craig » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:47 pm

I still dont understand power in buildings beyond basic conduits through one wall.

Silentom

Video Games

Postby Silentom » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Reading this pains me. That Samus LED board I made would have been so much more manageable.
They also added neon light letters. You can spell out anything with neon signs. Exhibit A

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:28 pm

I know there are a few BF4 degenerates among us, so I'd like to mention that DICE is having a 4XP weekend. Yikes!

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:53 pm

I know there are a few BF4 degenerates among us, so I'd like to mention that DICE is having a 4XP weekend. Yikes!

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:39 pm

I played the crap out of BF3, never got 4 though.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:15 pm

It still has plenty of populated servers across all platforms (well not PS3 and 360 as much), and should get one more patch. Not bad for a 2.5 year old game. Lots of new content in the last few months, higher tick rate servers (even for consoles) which means better hit registration. Worth the money, even now.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Second this. It was a decent game, and the ability to make up your own units was pretty neat. And the different races / human groups SHOULD'VE been interesting. It should've worked & been really fun.
But for some reason, it never kept my attention. I'd say it's worth trying for $5 (or just downloading via other means & then, if you like it, buying it), though, since that's not much.
I seem to be in the minority, but I quite liked Alpha Centauri, and I remember playing it quite a lot even though I'm not a big "Civ" person. I usually played as the Cult of Planet faction because then you can use the native xenofungus lifeforms as units, and they don't require any upgrades; they just get bigger and nastier the more fights they win. You can also capture the wild xenofungus wandering around and use them for yourself. I also liked the UN Peacekeeper faction because you can pretty much have a lock on being elected Planetary Governor, and IIRC that has significant advantages when it comes to resolving disputes politically rather than through war. So you can hold off a belligerent faction through diplomacy until you've had enough time to build up your forces, and then you sneak-attack and crush them.