BEER

Jim

BEER

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 am

Dancing gnome did not disappoint. Great stuff.
Yet another brewery within throwing distance of my house that i need to try. Have yet to get to Drai Laag, either.
my only complaint of DG was that there wasn't a description of any of the beers beyond "IPA" "DIPA" or "session IPA". When a place is packed like it was when I was there, I don't want to ask the bartender for a run down on the differences between the beers.
Do other places usually have more? Name, Style, Price is the typical last that I see.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 am

At other places it's one or two of the same style maybe. Here's the IPA, here's the stout, here's the saison, etc. at DG it was here's the IPA, here's the other IPA, here's the other IPA, here's the other IPA.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 am

At other places it's one or two of the same style maybe. Here's the IPA, here's the stout, here's the saison, etc. at DG it was here's the IPA, here's the other IPA, here's the other IPA, here's the other IPA.
Not that it's terribly convenient, but their website has in-depth descriptions. Did you get Better zone or Two? Maybe my favorite Pittsburgh beer.

Robot B9

BEER

Postby Robot B9 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:03 am

I went on to their website. Quite florid descriptions of themselves.

Looks like they have a porter, made from one one hop, that would be in my range.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am

I went on to their website. Quite florid descriptions of themselves.

Looks like they have a porter, made from one one hop, that would be in my range.
Yeah, I didn't want to dissuade you from trying them out, but not a ton of stuff in your wheelhouse. Their branding looks great, but the pseudo-fancy language is a little off putting.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:48 pm

I had the infinite highway and their farmhouse pale ale. The first was really really good, the second was good.

The list online wasn't really up to date with what they had on tap. It was about 60% accurate. This isn't to say that I'm never going back because they didn't have descriptions of their beers. Far from it. Just a nit picky thing.

Jim

BEER

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 pm

But they have subway tile walls... and their taps aren't actually labeled. Don't you know cool when you see it? Information is for the square.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Tonight was Blueberry night apparently. Tried Cascade Blueberry, which is ok, but I didn't get much of the actual berry in the taste.

Also had Grimm Blueberry Pop. It was pretty good, but I think I liked the Blackberry Orange Pop better... Possibly the Cherry Raspberry pop as well. Not to say I regret it by any means... It's still Grimm, still good.
Big Cascade fan, but Blueberry is my least favorite and the only miss I feel I've had from them. Raspberry, on the other hand, is through the roof.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Tonight was Blueberry night apparently. Tried Cascade Blueberry, which is ok, but I didn't get much of the actual berry in the taste.

Also had Grimm Blueberry Pop. It was pretty good, but I think I liked the Blackberry Orange Pop better... Possibly the Cherry Raspberry pop as well. Not to say I regret it by any means... It's still Grimm, still good.
Big Cascade fan, but Blueberry is my least favorite and the only miss I feel I've had from them. Raspberry, on the other hand, is through the roof.
Agreed. I mean I didn't hate the Blueberry, but it was certainly the weakest I've had from them. I didn't pay for that one though, so I can't complain too much.

Robot B9

BEER

Postby Robot B9 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Bummed. At The Hawthorne lounge in Boston, last place where I had a de Dolle Oerbier. Alas, none in stock again, just like in January. They stopped getting it. I blame the Commie Commie Philly Distribution Bastards.

Trying a Mikkeller Beer Geek breakfast stout. OaTeal and coffee trying to tap down the hops. It's ok. I'm just mad bro.

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:30 pm

All these years, and I had never had a Full Sail Amber Ale. This is a nice, refreshing amber/red. Nice mix of malty and hoppy.

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:59 pm

I never thought I would say this, but I am really getting into sours. Trying this tonight:

This...this is good.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Things I've had the last couple days:

Wooha Wheat. It tastes about what you'd expect from a wheat beer from Scotland.

Bitter Brothers White Peach Family Tart. Tart af. Peach was there but wasn't beating me over the head. I liked it.

And I finally got around to the last 2 Beer Camp beers...

Dry Hopped Barleywine. I liked this a lot. Tastes exactly like the name promises.

Campout Porter. Didn't do much for me. Nothing particularly interesting going on.

Robot B9

BEER

Postby Robot B9 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:38 am

Had a few Sett7 scotch ales from Portico Brewing. Sweeter than a usual wee heavy, very tasty and easy drink.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:00 am

Hit up Federal Tap House here in State College. They opened at the beginning of the month. Tap list is impressive in both quantity and quality. Might be the new go to for brews. The food was just meh.

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Tried this today...Canaan was kind enough to let me try some as it was a new baby present for him:
@Kraftster

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25710/81079/

Lord...that stuff is sooooooo good. I think I'm a full-blown sour fan now.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Awesome, awesome beer. Peaches and cream balanced with bretty funk and a dry saison finish. Hard to believe it's 10%

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 pm

That sounds damn amazing.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 am

Went to the great Lakes brewery over the weekend. Very cool developed part of Cleveland. We stopped in with the kids after visiting the aquarium around 2pm for a late lunch. 2 hours and 15 minutes later we had an early dinner. I can't believe how many people were there and how long the wait was at that time. Food was excellent. They had a release of their BA Tripel dog dare which was excellent as well. Very cool place, would visit again.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 am

For food you should have went across the street to the West Side Market. I'm not knocking the food at Great Lakes, but the West Side Market is one of my absolute favorite places on this Earth.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 am

For food you should have went across the street to the West Side Market. I'm not knocking the food at Great Lakes, but the West Side Market is one of my absolute favorite places on this Earth.
That's what we did during our wait. It was awesome!

Jim

BEER

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:56 am

Went to the great Lakes brewery over the weekend. Very cool developed part of Cleveland. We stopped in with the kids after visiting the aquarium around 2pm for a late lunch. 2 hours and 15 minutes later we had an early dinner. I can't believe how many people were there and how long the wait was at that time. Food was excellent. They had a release of their BA Tripel dog dare which was excellent as well. Very cool place, would visit again.
Did you go down to the basement bar? I live the look and feel of it down there.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 pm

The basement is really neat. Makes you feel like you're at someone's home. For as big of a brewery as they are, their pub is tiny.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Basement was very cool. Had a beer down there and up top.

grunthy

BEER

Postby grunthy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

I never thought I would say this, but I am really getting into sours. Trying this tonight:

This...this is good.

That is a damn good beer.