Politics And Current Events

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:49 am

It was definitely a thing in NW PA in the late 70's/early 80's. Catholic and public schools both.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:57 am

I'm not a parent, but if I was I wouldn't take kindly to anyone trying to smack or hit my kid at school to discipline them. Pull them out of class or whatever and let me handle it.
But that's really the root of the problem, too many parents won't/don't handle it...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:08 am

I went to school in the 2000s. The only time teachers touched students was when they were having sex with them

there were 3 teachers who had sex with girls in the senior class the grade above me. **** was crazy

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:09 am

My hockey coach got arrested meeting with a student at Wendy's on the way to one of our games. :lol:

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:11 am

Source of the post there were 3 teachers who had sex with girls in the senior class the grade above me. **** was crazy
I know of four girls in my class who not only had sex with teachers, but full blown relationships with them. It was one of those secrets that everybody knew. One ended up arrested after assaulting her teacher's wife. Two of them married their teachers and are still together today.

You know, maybe my school district wasn't so great. Oh and, there's a documentary on Netflix about my high school, but those events happened after I had graduated.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:13 am

We just had a special ed teacher arrested for hitting her students several times (and rubbing hand sanitizer in wounds instead of sending to the nurse). And the principal was also arrested for not reporting the incident properly.

https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... use-report

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:14 am

I'm not a parent, but if I was I wouldn't take kindly to anyone trying to smack or hit my kid at school to discipline them. Pull them out of class or whatever and let me handle it.
But that's really the root of the problem, too many parents won't/don't handle it...
I don't disagree. Still doesn't give the right for someone at the school to lay hands on someone's child.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:18 am

Source of the post there were 3 teachers who had sex with girls in the senior class the grade above me. **** was crazy
I know of four girls in my class who not only had sex with teachers, but full blown relationships with them. It was one of those secrets that everybody knew. One ended up arrested after assaulting her teacher's wife. Two of them married their teachers and are still together today.

You know, maybe my school district wasn't so great. Oh and, there's a documentary on Netflix about my high school, but those events happened after I had graduated.
The teacher/student couple from our graduating class is still together, so that's something I guess.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:25 am

Yeah, I know one couple now in their late 30s/early 40s that were Teacher (23 at the time) and student (18 at the time). Although they swear they didn't do anything at that time when he was the teacher and she was the student, they met at a bar a few years later and got together for good.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:30 am

As for the medical industry. Nationalization is the only plausible response I can see. There was a big story about the for-profit hospice industry going around looking for people selling hospice care and basically cold calling for people to sign away curative care. BAD INCENTIVES!
Was listening to a story on NPR the other day about Geico and how they set the market on advertising. The story was about money in advertising, but in the back of my head, all I can think of is these insurance companies have so much money, they don't know what to do with it. Of course this was about home/auto insurance, but the same concepts bleed into the medical industry.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:31 am

What’s the show about?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:37 am

What’s the show about?

If I'm reading context correctly, just google Steubenville Football Rape Case.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 pm

I’ll never understand the pearl clutching angst over the loan forgiveness.
ThEy're buying VOtes.
My position is that I'm all for a forgiveness program done right.

My position is also that loan forgiveness has been dangled as a carrot and never actually delivered.

Either figure it out or stop telling everyone it's coming.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 pm

As for the medical industry. Nationalization is the only plausible response I can see. There was a big story about the for-profit hospice industry going around looking for people selling hospice care and basically cold calling for people to sign away curative care. BAD INCENTIVES!
Was listening to a story on NPR the other day about Geico and how they set the market on advertising. The story was about money in advertising, but in the back of my head, all I can think of is these insurance companies have so much money, they don't know what to do with it. Of course this was about home/auto insurance, but the same concepts bleed into the medical industry.
For sure, lots of executives from Pharma, insurance and healthcare conglomerates will have to be sent to the gulags. Also any private equity firm that has bought stakes in the healthcare industries will be removed from society and their assets forfeited to the state. I think once we gut out whatever corrupt profit making mechanisms these folks have built, then just overlay the existing healthcare infrastructure over that.

There are just so many layers built up in between individuals that need healthcare and the providers with the capability to provide care.

Capitalism doesn't work when prices for inelastic products are based in ability to pay rather than demand and cost. Would obviously be very ugly to correct this mess that has been decades in the building. But alas, I guess the answer is to just hope that climate catastrophe comes before widespread social disruptions.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:31 pm

Capitalism doesn't work
:fist:

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 pm

Better systems would be killing tens of thousands of people for protesting or welding people into apartment buildings

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:37 pm

What’s the show about?

If I'm reading context correctly, just google Steubenville Football Rape Case.
:fist: Apparently the doc moved to Prime Video, btw.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:47 pm

Ye now complaining that praising Hitler is frowned upon.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:56 pm

Better systems would be killing tens of thousands of people for protesting or welding people into apartment buildings
Not the hot take that you think it is.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Good to see them go after these people:
A naturopathic doctor who sold fake COVID-19 immunization treatments and fraudulent vaccination cards during the height of the coronavirus pandemic was sentenced in California on Tuesday to nearly three years in prison, federal prosecutors said.

Juli A. Mazi pleaded guilty last April in federal court in San Francisco to one count of wire fraud and one count of false statements related to health care matters.She provided fake CDC vaccination cards for COVID-19 to at least 200 people with instructions on how to complete the cards to make them look like they had received a Moderna vaccine, federal prosecutors said.

She also sold homeopathic pellets she fraudulently claimed would provide “lifelong immunity to COVID-19.” She told customers that the pellets contained small amounts of the virus and would create an antibody response, they said.

Mazi also offered the pellets in place of childhood vaccinations required for attendance at school and sold at least 100 fake immunization cards that said the children had been vaccinated, knowing the documents would be submitted to schools, officials said.
https://apnews.com/article/health-calif ... 3cff0b2674

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:02 pm

All I'm picturing now are neckbeards eating kitten crunchy food thinking it'll help them.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:04 pm

I check back every once in awhile for the lady that gave her husband fish cleaner for COVID - still no criminal charges yet.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:13 pm

Well, did Hitler do anything good after all of the bad? We should definitely take this into account before calling Hitler a nazi.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:20 pm

Well, did Hitler do anything good after all of the bad? We should definitely take this into account before calling Hitler a nazi.
Killing himself was doing good so...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:21 pm

Killing himself was doing good so...
SEE?!