Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:15 pm

Biden’s handlers > trump
I mean, Trump and his circle of supporters have been vocal for months about their plans to eliminate civil servants and replace them with sycophants loyal to Trump. Not the country, not the citizens...Trump. He admires guys like Putin, Orban, etc. He and the MAGA crowd are blatantly compromised by Russia.

This isn't a normal election, so Biden’s dementia is a far smaller concern than the country electing an autocrat (which a large percentage of Republicans are totally okay with)
Yes.

Trump would turn the county over to anyone in exchange for foreign leaders staying at his hotels

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:40 pm

"Trump is compromised by Russia!" is the left-wing equivalent of "the 2020 presidential election was stolen!"

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:07 pm

"Trump is compromised by Russia!" is the left-wing equivalent of "the 2020 presidential election was stolen!"
Aren't you at least mildly concerned at the way Trump is fully leaning into the "I'm the actual Christ messiah" stuff? Or his love and repeated praise of authoritarian governments? It's no secret he wants to rule as an autocrat, free from checks and balances. He has openly said it.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:11 pm

“We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.”
-Eric Trump

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:12 pm

Aren't you at least mildly concerned at the way Trump is fully leaning into the "I'm the actual Christ messiah" stuff? Or his love and repeated praise of authoritarian governments? It's no secret he wants to rule as an autocrat, free from checks and balances. He has openly said it.
He’s not… because the few things that shyster actually cares about are on the team that support trump. Not only that, anything that brings the whole system closer to burning to the ground, shyster is in.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:13 pm

I’m concerned that an otherwise intelligent poster would have takes like that

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:17 pm

Always equivalencies.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:34 pm

Can you provide the start and end years of each job had in your career? I can. Most people can.
Absolutely not.
Same

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:03 pm

I would say very mildly concerned. But being mildly concerned about Trump does not require one to believe or reiterate conspiracy theories, especially one (i.e. Trump is compromised by Russia) that has no support as found by the Durham report, which came out years ago.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:05 pm

He’s not… because the few things that shyster actually cares about are on the team that support trump. Not only that, anything that brings the whole system closer to burning to the ground, shyster is in.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:13 pm

Being actively compromised and being open to compromise aren’t the same thing. Not sure how it can be denied that Trump would be open to it.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:41 pm

If he isn't "compromised", It's because he's so easily manipulated to do everything Putin wants without even giving him anything.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:44 pm

Or… both.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:02 pm

Being actively compromised and being open to compromise aren’t the same thing. Not sure how it can be denied that Trump would be open to it.

Because he never has been? And, again, there was a whole government investigation that lasted years into whether Trump was colluding with the Russians in the prior presidential election. It found no evidence of collusion.

If the Dems want to demonstrate that they are the non-crazy party, pushing tinfoil-hatted bullcrap isn't the way to do it. There are plenty of ways to attack Trump without drifting off into conspiracy land.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:11 pm

Hasn’t been found guilty, so isn’t capable of it? Or likely to do it? That’s naive and ignores plenty that suggests he’s very open to it.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:17 pm

Wasn't that/one of the investigations into Trump's Russia ties run by a guy who himself was found to be paid and compromised by Russia?

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:27 pm

Because he never has been? And, again, there was a whole government investigation that lasted years into whether Trump was colluding with the Russians in the prior presidential election. It found no evidence of collusion.

If the Dems want to demonstrate that they are the non-crazy party, pushing tinfoil-hatted bullcrap isn't the way to do it. There are plenty of ways to attack Trump without drifting off into conspiracy land.
What non-conspiracy ways are there to attack him?

Edit: I guess we could use that he said he would urge Russia to attack NATO allies a couple hours ago. I guess that’s another conspiracy though despite him saying it.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:39 pm

You can't figure out non-conspiratorial ways to attack the guy who was impeached twice?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 pm

Can you provide the start and end years of each job had in your career? I can. Most people can.
Absolutely not.
Same
To the extent I can, it's because it have a 2-pg Word doc that I cleverly use to keep track of that very info. And the periodic updates I make to this doc keep my memory fresh on the dates.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:05 pm

You can't figure out non-conspiratorial ways to attack the guy who was impeached twice?
Well, he wasn't convicted. That must mean there was never any merit to the impeachment, right??

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:11 pm

Well, he wasn't convicted. That must mean there was never any merit to the impeachment, right??

No, it means that the Republicans in the Senate were never going to convict him, regardless of the allegations.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:42 am

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 024-02-11/

Here's one.
Trump says he would encourage Russia to ‘do whatever the hell they want’ to any NATO country that doesn’t pay enough

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:19 am

I just couldn’t imagine being a cuck for both pissbaby and pissbaby junior. That’s some special ****.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:27 am

and they found lots of “colluding”. But colluding is not a crime

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:40 am

So you can’t name any legit criticisms?