Politics And Current Events

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 am

The media just wants to find the truth!!!! They would never push their own agenda or blackmail people.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 am

I suppose we can debate the right course of action for CNN to take, and the problem certainly isn't the gif maker, it's the president. But there are people working at CNN that just want to do their jobs, the president should not be endorsing violence. It's mostly just pathetic, and I don't expect the president has the mental capacity to understand that things can be misconstrued.

Also, am I wrong in thinking that Trump had some words following the baseball practice shooting that bellied the idea that the left was inciting violence?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:02 am

I suppose we can debate the right course of action for CNN to take, and the problem certainly isn't the gif maker, it's the president. But there are people working at CNN that just want to do their jobs, the president should not be endorsing violence. It's mostly just pathetic, and I don't expect the president has the mental capacity to understand that things can be misconstrued.

Also, am I wrong in thinking that Trump had some words following the baseball practice shooting that bellied the idea that the left was inciting violence?
Are you defending CNN for blackmailing someone?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 am

r/CNNMemes is already a thing.
And that is the power of the internets

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:04 am

But there are people working at CNN that just want to do their jobs, the president should not be endorsing violence. It's mostly just pathetic, and I don't expect the president has the mental capacity to understand that things can be misconstrued.
I agree that the problem isn't the GIF maker, it's the president tweeting it. And yes, 99.999% of people seeing that GIF would just chuckle/roll their eyes and move on with their lives, but I guess there are probably a couple people that would see that and be encouraged to take out some CNN person.

CNN just comes off as so pathetic here. It is literally the front page headline on their website right now. "HOW CNN FOUND THE REDDIT USER BEHIND THE TRUMP WRESTLING GIF". Uhm....congratulations?

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:06 am

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:08 am

"You're either with us or you're against us"

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:15 am

Journalists turning themselves into some oppressed class of victims certainly is going to go over well.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 am

Everybody wants to be a victim...

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 am

Everybody wants to be a victim...
This is generally true, regardless of political affiliation at this point in time...

It's easy to understand in this day and age why that is so en vogue...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cernovich/st ... 73/photo/1

Lol

Yes I know it is the loony toon cernovich, I am just posting the exchange in the tweet.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 am

I'm enjoying the "15 year old kid" story line of the CNN gif maker.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 am

WTF who cares?? Once again they've successfully took the light off of how stupid Trump looks and shined in right on themselves

https://twitter.com/ChrisCuomo/status/8 ... 8572043265

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 am

I can't imagine anyone spending much time "debating" this issue (beyond a sigh of resignation that the POTUS is a child).

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:46 am

But there are people working at CNN that just want to do their jobs, the president should not be endorsing violence. It's mostly just pathetic, and I don't expect the president has the mental capacity to understand that things can be misconstrued.
I agree that the problem isn't the GIF maker, it's the president tweeting it. And yes, 99.999% of people seeing that GIF would just chuckle/roll their eyes and move on with their lives, but I guess there are probably a couple people that would see that and be encouraged to take out some CNN person.
Like the guy that sucker punched the protestor, or the dude that brought a gun to the pizza shop searching for pedophiles, or the dude that shot the GOP at the baseball practice? Trump is just living validation to all the nutso's in this country. I think all the people that held their nose and pulled the slot for Trump cause they hated Hillary assumed that he would roll back the wacko **** and behave like a sane person. The dude is unhinged and it's going to probably be a long time before reasonable people take back the reigns on this country.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:47 am

He is who we thought he was... simple as that. Democrats are not as good at selling fear as the republicans. So the whole "what happens when a crazy person attacks CNN?!?!" stuff largely falls on deaf ears. Republicans thrive when selling fear, democrats thrive when selling hope. Stay in your wheelhouse, dems...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am

Troy Loney pivoting hard to protect his sacred network... :pop:

No one here disagrees that trump is a over privileged, piece of **** child. The topic was CNN blackmailing someone.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:58 am

Troy Loney pivoting hard to protect his sacred network... :pop:

No one here disagrees that trump is a over privileged, piece of **** child. The topic was CNN blackmailing someone.
Don't give a **** about CNN, i don't have cable. Also not going to shed a tear that some antisemitic dadhole on the internet that got in over his head.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:59 am

The topic was CNN blackmailing someone.
Is what they did illegal? I mean, what they did is wrong in their statement of "CNN reserves the right... blah blah blah" but is it really blackmail in a legal sense of the word?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:03 am

Is what they did illegal? I mean, what they did is wrong in their statement of "CNN reserves the right... blah blah blah" but is it really blackmail in a legal sense of the word?
Who knows but it is certainly shady, especially since he first said the apology was before they ever spoke with the gif creator. Then when asked about it admitted it was after they emailed him.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:29 am

100% legal, no doubt. Just petty and lame.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:31 am

100% legal, no doubt. Just petty and lame.
Sounds like most of Trump's presidency... up to this point anyways. :slug:

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:33 am

democrats thrive when selling hope. Stay in your wheelhouse, dems...
do you actually believe this

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:35 am

Regarding the maker of that CNN gif...now, setting aside Trump retweeting it, it was a completely harmless, innocuous gif. It wasn't inciting violence, it was a meme featuring pro wrestling and crude photoshop techniques. CNN, however, has gotten to the bottom of it:
"After posting his apology, "HanAholeSolo" called CNN's KFile and confirmed his identity. In the interview, "HanAholeSolo" sounded nervous about his identity being revealed and asked to not be named out of fear for his personal safety and for the public embarrassment it would bring to him and his family.

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
"
Are they openly admitting to blackmailing him? "Ugly behavior"? FFS it was a WWE gif featuring the CNN logo on Vince McMahon's head. No one was calling for the murder of journalists. What he did doesn't even register on the radar of outrage or crossing the line. Trump tweeting it out was obviously cringeworthy, but that has nothing to do with the original creator.

CNN went out of their way to dig up personal details on this guy and is making an example out of him by telling him to stay silent, or else. That's....chilling
That reservation of rights is standard lawyer language, nothing more. It would frankly be weird if they didn't include that in the piece.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:35 am

I think the erosion of faith in our government is a result of having to watch Mayors Goodway and Humdinger with our kids.