COVID-19

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:18 am

We are actually recommending people get a covid vax and the flu vax at the same time. It is completely safe and our leadership has taken the stance that you have the person there in front of the provider, if you don’t recommend getting both at the same time, that person walks off and you may never see them again.

Pfizer thing is part of them removing red tape for this and fast tracking the approval processes. Trickling in needed information and documentation avoids creating a backlog of data to sift through. It let’s both parties continue to work simultaneously

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:18 am

We are actually recommending people get a covid vax and the flu vax at the same time. It is completely safe and our leadership has taken the stance that you have the person there in front of the provider, if you don’t recommend getting both at the same time, that person walks off and you may never see them again.

Pfizer thing is part of them removing red tape for this and fast tracking the approval processes. Trickling in needed information and documentation avoids creating a backlog of data to sift through. It let’s both parties continue to work simultaneously
Good policy to have.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:33 am

Right, the microchip and the sterility serum. I’ll die of covid before I fall for that!

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:36 am

"You people are just looking to sell more vaccines!"

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:38 am

I saw a story where a tiktok was showing a woman having her child using hydrogen peroxide in a nebulizer on her kid to prevent Covid... Like I said a while back, only a matter of time before these idiots start killing their kids all just to own the libs.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am

"You people are just looking to sell more vaccines!"
We lose $9 per covid vaccine we administer

Beveridge

COVID-19

Postby Beveridge » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:37 am

Need to get vaccine for under 5 going now. Wonder how far off that is.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:38 am

I imagine 4-6 months behind this one? Complete guess, though.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:47 am

Thanks!

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 am

Need to get vaccine for under 5 going now. Wonder how far off that is.
From what I had read, 6 months to 5 years will be "not far behind" the 5-11 group. When pressed I think the CEO said that "not far behind" is likely a matter of a couple months. Potential Christmas present to those of us that are actually taking this pandemic seriously?

Beveridge

COVID-19

Postby Beveridge » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:53 am

That would be awesome. We have a newborn coming in December so to get our son vaccinated shortly after would be sweet.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:45 pm

@meow

Kane

COVID-19

Postby Kane » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:47 pm

They **** around and found out.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:49 pm

That's **** awesome.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Yikes. I'm sure there will be lawsuits next. But good for them.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Good luck with those lawsuits.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 pm

The only thing is there were already severe staffing issues. Some interesting laws being passed around the country to account for that

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Our company is really tiptoeing around the issue. They've started to require vaccinations for people who travel for business. But I read the policy, and it's weak.

Our customer service centers are hurting due to our customers requiring vaccinations and around half our CS staff aren't vaccinated.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:18 pm

The only thing is there were already severe staffing issues. Some interesting laws being passed around the country to account for that
It'll take time to get better but it's the price to pay for this.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:22 pm

It'll take time to get better but it's the price to pay for this.
Fine for things like the banking world.

Healthcare? Idk. I just read through the NY executive order and there are some pretty nasty concessions in there that have some pretty significant implications.

Hopefully the people that thought they were calling a bluff end up caving and getting their jobs back and this all goes away

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Part of me wonders what the people that are in healthcare but are refusing to get vaccinated are actually doing while they're on the clock... like, are you even good at your job if you don't think getting vaccinated is the right move?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:29 pm

Source of the post Healthcare? Idk. I just read through the NY executive order and there are some pretty nasty concessions in there that have some pretty significant implications.
Disagree. It doesn't matter the field, if you're doing something that is actively endangering others, you shouldn't be employed anymore. That's like saying cops who use excessive force and kill people should be kept on because of low staffing. **** that. Get em out.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Source of the post Healthcare? Idk. I just read through the NY executive order and there are some pretty nasty concessions in there that have some pretty significant implications.
Disagree. It doesn't matter the field, if you're doing something that is actively endangering others, you shouldn't be employed anymore. That's like saying cops who use excessive force and kill people should be kept on because of low staffing. **** that. Get em out.
The field does matter. NY is eliminating key functions that negatively impact health outcomes for EVERYONE to account to for low staffing.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:34 pm

I mean, it was safe for those people to treat folks before the vax. "PPE works" they said. Does PPE no longer work? There are other ways to do this other than exacerbating an already dire staffing issue.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:35 pm

It’s worth noting that “HCW” can range from an admin to a doctor. Not all of these people are clinicians. We have IS staff listed as HCW simply because they can be patient-facing during their work.