COVID-19

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:08 pm

Am team Pfizer - will ask for Moderna booster. But yea, am I like superhuman protected now that I was a breakthrough case?
There isn’t a Moderna booster. They don’t care about their consumers need one

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:13 pm

So second thinking. Man am I glad I was vaccinated, because I wouldn't what I felt last week, unvaccinated knowing it's now COVID. Couldn't imagine the magnification of it, if I was showing symptoms while vaxxed.

Which makes me even more cemented in my mind that the unvaxxed are morons.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:44 pm

Could be an all time “how it started”

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:54 pm

No cap is something my kids would say. :roll:

RonnieFranchise

COVID-19

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:54 pm

HangAr

Damn airplane won't fit on a hanger, idiot.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Trying to appeal to a young crowd while simultaneously saying owning and operating a private plane is "not expensive."

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:36 pm

A cheapy Cessna 172 is probably $75,000 or more, and probably costs $200/flight hr to operate and maintain, plus something close to a 5-figure sum on an annual basis in hangar or tiedown/insurance/inspections/etc., plus the incremental costs of accessing a GA airport, and the time-value lost in flying to your destination at 1/6 the speed.

Or go to Rite Aid and get a free shot.

I'm not great at the maths, but that's seems uncommonly stupid.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:41 pm

Oh yeah, and the whole flight school thing. Depending on how he operates it, that can be up to a 5-figure sum to get the necessary rating(s).

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:42 pm

And are flight schools going to continue teaching unvaxxed students?

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:48 pm

So second thinking. Man am I glad I was vaccinated, because I wouldn't what I felt last week, unvaccinated knowing it's now COVID. Couldn't imagine the magnification of it, if I was showing symptoms while vaxxed.

:thumb:

Can you elaborate on your symptoms a bit? You said worst flu ever, that's wild.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:51 pm

That's one of those goofy logic things that I can't wrap my head around from the anti-vax crew... "My mother/father/sister/friend was vaccinated and still got really sick." Uhh... yeah. Imagine what it would have been like if their body didn't already have a head start on the disease. The proper response is what Mork said.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:58 pm

For me, it's easily the achiest/sore I've ever been body wise. Major fatigue, I've lost about 10 pounds from just simply not eating.

Flus for me last 1-2 days max, and at the worst I have aches is for a day. This was 7 straight days of aches, along with chills and sweats, and on the 5th day, symptoms changed to include headaches, kidney pain soreness from laying down so much.

It's been a 7-8 day straight sickness of just being down for the count. Today's the first real day where I can walk without being fatigued. Which I think is what will stick with me the most from this - that fatigueness is 100% real.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:06 pm

For me, it's easily the achiest/sore I've ever been body wise. Major fatigue, I've lost about 10 pounds from just simply not eating.

Flus for me last 1-2 days max, and at the worst I have aches is for a day. This was 7 straight days of aches, along with chills and sweats, and on the 5th day, symptoms changed to include headaches, kidney pain soreness from laying down so much.

It's been a 7-8 day straight sickness of just being down for the count. Today's the first real day where I can walk without being fatigued. Which I think is what will stick with me the most from this - that fatigueness is 100% real.
**** insane, having been vaccinated.

Granted I had alpha, not delta, but I remember fatigue being really bad. I had dull aching pains in my legs and chest that felt like I just went to the gym for the first time in a decade. The headache and dizziness are what did me in. I knew it was covid it because it was such a weird combination of symptoms that I'd never experienced together before. Fortunately nowhere near previous flu illnesses probably due to not having a fever. Sounds like you weren't so lucky on the fever front.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:06 pm

And are flight schools going to continue teaching unvaxxed students?
The flight schools at my nearest GA airport were extremely lax about mitigation throughout the pandemic. They just needed the business.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:14 pm

**** insane, having been vaccinated.

Granted I had alpha, not delta, but I remember fatigue being really bad. I had dull aching pains in my legs and chest that felt like I just went to the gym for the first time in a decade. The headache and dizziness are what did me in. I knew it was covid it because it was such a weird combination of symptoms that I'd never experienced together before. Fortunately nowhere near previous flu illnesses probably due to not having a fever. Sounds like you weren't so lucky on the fever front.
It was pretty wild. All those things considered - that's why I'm led to believe had I not been vaccinated, I probably would have been much worse.

It's weird though, if that was COVID I'd consider it a mild case for sure. If it was just the flu, it was just a really really bad one.

I'm just most annoyed with no taste/smell and that's contributed to not eating. No real sense in eating food if I can't taste it.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:26 pm

Two more hours of no Facebook and we'll have herd immunity.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:41 pm

lololololol

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Honestly, don't be shocked if you feel great in a few days, and then feel like crap again randomly for a few weeks. Hopefully being vaxxed helps with that, but after I had it last year, that was the case with me.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Surprisingly not expensive!?! I can guarantee that he needs to do more research. I bet he googled aircraft prices and saw that there are a bunch of 1970s Pipers, Cessnas, etc. out there for way under $100,000. And those aircraft are overdue for an engine overhaul ($40,000), don't have a modern glass cockpit ($15,000 to $60,000, depending on options), and need a full annual ($2,000). Plus there's the cost of insurance ($5,000 to $10,000 per year), and don't forget about fuel, which costs $40+ per hour. You want a bizjet so that you can actually get anywhere quickly? Add a zero to most of those expenses.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:51 pm

Just saw two people with the top down in their convertible doing 80 on the interstate wearing masks. I ain’t got the words

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Just saw two people with the top down in their convertible doing 80 on the interstate wearing masks. I ain’t got the words
They keep the bugs out of your mouth.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:58 pm

Shyster *would* need a glass cockpit, huh? Probably the kind of guy to buy a pistol with LASER sights.

Dickie Dunn

COVID-19

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:03 pm

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) was booed by Republican activists Saturday after he suggested they should consider taking the coronavirus vaccine, making him the latest prominent Republican to face a backlash from the party’s grassroots over the vaccine.

Speaking at a county Republican event in Summerville, South Carolina, Graham said he had received the vaccine and encouraged audience members to take the vaccine as well.

“If you haven’t had the vaccine you ought to think about getting it because if you’re my age—” Graham said, before he was interrupted by boos and shouts of “No!” from the audience.

“I didn’t tell you to get it, you ought to think about it,” Graham continued, shrugging to the audience as they heckled him.

Graham cited statistics showing that the vast majority of coronavirus hospital patients in South Carolina are unvaccinated, only angering the audience more.

“Well, I’m glad I got it. Ninety-two percent of people in hospitals in South Carolina are unvaccinated,” before he was drowned out by shouts of “false!” and “not true!”

Graham said he opposed mandating the vaccine for members of military and health-care workers, but even that wouldn’t win over the audience of several dozen Republicans.

After a man who identified himself as a civilian employee of the Navy told Graham he would soon lose his job to the military’s vaccine mandate, Graham asked the audience if they had been vaccinated for measles.

“How many of you have taken measles shots?” Graham asked, prompting another series of boos and cries of “it’s not the same!”

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Shyster *would* need a glass cockpit, huh? Probably the kind of guy to buy a pistol with LASER sights.
Not yet. When I first saw the whole trend of "optics ready" pistols, I thought it was a stupid idea. The crappier my vision gets, however, the more I'm seeing the merits of a red dot on a handgun.

General aviation is far more dangerous than commercial aviation. It makes sense to take advantage of every electronic flight aid that you can. That costs big $$$, though.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:23 pm

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) was booed by Republican activists Saturday after he suggested they should consider taking the coronavirus vaccine, making him the latest prominent Republican to face a backlash from the party’s grassroots over the vaccine.

Speaking at a county Republican event in Summerville, South Carolina, Graham said he had received the vaccine and encouraged audience members to take the vaccine as well.

“If you haven’t had the vaccine you ought to think about getting it because if you’re my age—” Graham said, before he was interrupted by boos and shouts of “No!” from the audience.

“I didn’t tell you to get it, you ought to think about it,” Graham continued, shrugging to the audience as they heckled him.

Graham cited statistics showing that the vast majority of coronavirus hospital patients in South Carolina are unvaccinated, only angering the audience more.

“Well, I’m glad I got it. Ninety-two percent of people in hospitals in South Carolina are unvaccinated,” before he was drowned out by shouts of “false!” and “not true!”

Graham said he opposed mandating the vaccine for members of military and health-care workers, but even that wouldn’t win over the audience of several dozen Republicans.

After a man who identified himself as a civilian employee of the Navy told Graham he would soon lose his job to the military’s vaccine mandate, Graham asked the audience if they had been vaccinated for measles.

“How many of you have taken measles shots?” Graham asked, prompting another series of boos and cries of “it’s not the same!”
Hahahahahahahahahaa