COVID-19

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm

I'm just an old knucklehead that said this before, but if I was much younger say 20s or 30s, I wouldn't try to get infected, but I wouldn't mind testing positive. Get over it and then I wouldn't have to live like this for who knows how long.
The “old people only get serious complications” has sort of went by the wayside in the US
This is not true, like at all. The media just reports on every exception case.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm

I would think you would benefit far more by carrying around sanitizer or Clorox wipes than by wearing gloves. Or not even, and just taking great precautions not to touch your face. Then sanitize when you get in your car, then wash when you get home. Then if you really wanna go the extra mile, go disinfect everything you touched between entering your car at the grocery store and washing your hands.
I pretty much follow this one, I carry around hand sanitizer, and do it before and after I leave my truck, then wash hands as soon as I get home. That's about it.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 pm

My one and a half year old niece of currently being tested for CV-19 since she's had a 103° fever for a few days now that hasn't broke, and her mom is on the front lines (nurse). She has apparently been acting normal, and has no cough or breathing issues, which is a relief.
Good vibes, brother.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm

A follow up on our family--everyone seems to be OK. My son's 103 fever broke after about 24 hours and he is back to his happy, normal self now. My daughter seems to be totally over her pneumonia. And inexplicably, through all of this I haven't had so much as a sniffle :scared:
That's good news man, glad to hear it.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:50 pm

I would think you would benefit far more by carrying around sanitizer or Clorox wipes than by wearing gloves. Or not even, and just taking great precautions not to touch your face. Then sanitize when you get in your car, then wash when you get home. Then if you really wanna go the extra mile, go disinfect everything you touched between entering your car at the grocery store and washing your hands.
I pretty much follow this one, I carry around hand sanitizer, and do it before and after I leave my truck, then wash hands as soon as I get home. That's about it.
Just make sure your sanitizer can deal with viruses too. Most of them are "anti-bacterial" which won't do much against a virus.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm

just wash your fricken hands.
this.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Today's symptoms include fever, pain when breathing, shortness of breath.

It's been real folks...
Ah, man...... don't dick around with this. If things get more funky, make them tell you no at the hospital.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Went out to the city park last night to play tennis with the family. We stayed 6 feet away from everyone we saw there.

Despite signs being out discouraging the use of the facilities, the place was packed. Outdoor basketball court had dozens of people playing and watching. Multiple tennis courts being used with people coming and going from different cars etc.

Walking track was packed with people, playground filled with kids.

People aren't taking it seriously here. Still. And we have eight cases in our county of 40K people already.

My sister in law in Sweden says they aren't even closing schools there yet, and encouraging people with fevers to come back to work the next day or when symptoms subside. Yikes.

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Any predictions on what PA county will be the last to have a case? Potter County somehow has one. 23 counties havent had a positive test yet.
Put me down for a nickel on Elk
I'm leaning towards Sullivan (population 5,000) myself but i respect the hell out of the elk selection (population 31,000)
Sullivan is a nice choice. Real solid, but it is a small county. The key metric in this pandemic is population density. Elk is a sizeable county without too many folks.
Elk, Forest and Sullivan remain corona-less

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/diseas ... Cases.aspx

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:02 pm

I'm just an old knucklehead that said this before, but if I was much younger say 20s or 30s, I wouldn't try to get infected, but I wouldn't mind testing positive. Get over it and then I wouldn't have to live like this for who knows how long.
The “old people only get serious complications” has sort of went by the wayside in the US
I'm not following other localities closely but in Los Angeles county 80% of the confirmed cases are under 64 years old. Statewide, the number of confirmed cases under 50 is roughly double the number of those over 50.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 pm

I'm not following other localities closely but in Los Angeles county 80% of the confirmed cases are under 64 years old. Statewide, the number of confirmed cases under 50 is roughly double the number of those over 50.
May be true, but he specifically said serious complications

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:19 pm

May be true, but he specifically said serious complications
The two patients here with the most serious complications are in their 30s and 40s

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 pm

They are generally only testing patients with severe symptoms here.

Jim

COVID-19

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:30 pm

Jim are you some kind of virus expert? I feel like you're trying to rain on people's parade for trying to be as safe as possible.

You want to wear gloves and it might not work? Wear gloves, wash your hands, do whatever, but washing your hands is critical.

Just doing my part to stem the tide of misinformation and fear mongering. Trying to help people get it right.

Jim

COVID-19

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Today's symptoms include fever, pain when breathing, shortness of breath.

It's been real folks...
25,000 Americans have died from non-COVID-19 flu this season, including children.

Kaiser

COVID-19

Postby Kaiser » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Chicken slime is the worst. Just that image makes my skin crawl. Good looking out.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 pm

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Jim, you can f*ck right off with the flu non-sense. We all know.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Jim, you can f*ck right off with the flu non-sense. We all know.
I ignore every single comparison of the flu to COVID

It’s just not worth my energy

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Actually not all the time. But in this instance I’m ignoring it

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Jim are you some kind of virus expert? I feel like you're trying to rain on people's parade for trying to be as safe as possible.

You want to wear gloves and it might not work? Wear gloves, wash your hands, do whatever, but washing your hands is critical.

Just doing my part to stem the tide of misinformation and fear mongering. Trying to help people get it right.
Trying to stem fear-mongering - also, gloves are worthless and if you come into contact with covid it will be on your hands, phone, steering wheel, coffee cup, keys, grocery bags you can't avoid it

Kaiser

COVID-19

Postby Kaiser » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm

A 101 year old Italian has survived Covid to the end.

http://www.today.it/attualita/coronavir ... imini.html

Jim

COVID-19

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm

It all makes sense. I'm just on the perception side of it. If whoever it was wants to wear gloves because they feel safer, then fine. I'm not going to give that person grief for doing it.

Whether it's safer or not, sure that's totally fine. I'd rather a person wear gloves because then it seems as if gen pop is taking it more serious, even though the risk is largely the same.

It really matters if you think that simply wearing gloves or a mask means that you "feel" safe and therefore expose yourself to unsafe conditions believing that you are safe.

I didn't give grief for it, I literally said (correcting a spelling error), "...but you need to keep things in perspective and really think about what you are doing and how what you are doing either works or completely falls apart."

I didn't mention the mask part either. What is the filter rating of the mask? If it doesn't filter to 60nm then it is useless, it would be like closing the screen door to stop a draft. And yet if you take what one might consider contamination risks because you "feel" safe because you are wearing gloves and a mask... but not considering what those gloves are touching and the mask only filters to 100nm... f'd in the a by your own doing.

Jim

COVID-19

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Chicken slime is the worst. Just that image makes my skin crawl. Good looking out.

I tried to think of something that people would be aware of, that people do come into contact with, but that is blah. Personalize it. An inadvisable virus is abstract. Chicken slime on your pants is "Awe man, now I gotta change..." It was something that makes it physical.