You know what really grinds my gears...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:06 am

People who do not accelerate up to highway speeds on the on ramps. Get your @ss moving. I don't appreciate having to merge with traffic at 45 mph.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:21 am

Bro you live in state college. What merging do you need to worry about? Getting onto 99 when there are 3 cars per mile and 300 yard on ramps?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:44 am

99 is surprisingly busy in the mornings... but yes. Still get the f*ck up to speed.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:26 am

People who do not accelerate up to highway speeds on the on ramps. Get your @ss moving. I don't appreciate having to merge with traffic at 45 mph.
This drives me insane. The US 30 bypass in Chester County is notorious for short on-ramps...you need to commit and gun it. I've almost gotten in accidents with people stopping on the onramp.

There is also a merge near me where each car gets their own lane, so no need to stop. I almost slammed into the back of someone the other day because he inexplicably came to a complete stop because he saw a car in the other lane. Come on.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:40 pm

Along the same lines, **** the on ramp from squirrel hill to 376 toward monroeville. What the hell kind of on ramp has a stop sign?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:44 pm

Gotta prepare to stop in the tunnels anyway.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:46 pm

Along the same lines, **** the on ramp from squirrel hill to 376 toward monroeville. What the hell kind of on ramp has a stop sign?

Also Millvale to 28N

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:49 pm

As someone that joined 28N before Millvale I always enjoyed that stopsign. :lol:

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:00 pm

I will never under any circumstance try to attempt that 28N merge

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:04 pm

The stop sign is not the problem with that on ramp

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:53 pm

If someone is in front of me on an on ramp I will slow way down to create as much space as I can so I can gun it approaching the merge

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:05 pm

Doesn't affect me (yet?), but I saw this today and couldn't believe it:

Cleveland Clinic to bill up to $50 for MyChart messages
Cleveland Clinic will begin to bill for Epic MyChart messages requiring a provider's clinical time and expertise beginning Nov. 17.

Patients have been able to send MyChart messages for free, and providers typically respond within three business days. But now the health system plans to bill for messages about medication changes, new symptoms, changes to long-term medical conditions, checkups on long-term conditions and requests to complete medical forms sent through MyChart, according to a news release from Cleveland Clinic.

Messages to schedule an appointment, get prescription refills and ask questions that could lead to an appointment will remain free. Patients can also give providers health updates without any extra charges.

Cleveland Clinic plans to bill for any interactions taking five or more minutes for providers to respond and will bill insurance companies. Medicare patients with secondary insurance will not have co-pays, but some Medicare beneficiaries may see a $3 to $8 fee.

Many privately insured patients will not have a copay, but if they have a deductible or their plan does not cover MyChart messaging, patients could be billed $33 to $50 per message.
That's some bullshit.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:09 pm

As someone that works in a profession that bills time it makes sense to me.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:22 pm

I think the bullshit part is private insurance companies giving it the old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Providers should 100% bill their time

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:09 pm

If someone is in front of me on an on ramp I will slow way down to create as much space as I can so I can gun it approaching the merge
This is the way

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:26 pm

No school today but they are having rehearsal for the HS musical tonight.

It probably makes me the bad guy for complaining since the people running it are volunteers donating a ton of personal time, but.... as far as I'm concerned, it should be no school, no activities. It's not till March, take tonight off.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:09 pm

Doesn't affect me (yet?), but I saw this today and couldn't believe it:

Cleveland Clinic to bill up to $50 for MyChart messages
Cleveland Clinic will begin to bill for Epic MyChart messages requiring a provider's clinical time and expertise beginning Nov. 17.

Patients have been able to send MyChart messages for free, and providers typically respond within three business days. But now the health system plans to bill for messages about medication changes, new symptoms, changes to long-term medical conditions, checkups on long-term conditions and requests to complete medical forms sent through MyChart, according to a news release from Cleveland Clinic.

Messages to schedule an appointment, get prescription refills and ask questions that could lead to an appointment will remain free. Patients can also give providers health updates without any extra charges.

Cleveland Clinic plans to bill for any interactions taking five or more minutes for providers to respond and will bill insurance companies. Medicare patients with secondary insurance will not have co-pays, but some Medicare beneficiaries may see a $3 to $8 fee.

Many privately insured patients will not have a copay, but if they have a deductible or their plan does not cover MyChart messaging, patients could be billed $33 to $50 per message.
That's some bullshit.
Medication changes, new symptoms, changes to long-term medical conditions, checkups on long-term conditions and requests to complete medical forms are things that you would normally need/want an appointment for. MyChart isn't supposed to be a free alternative to appointments, and I'm sure a lot of people were taking advantage.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:45 pm

“need/want” is doing a lot of work there. if I can message my medical provider a medication change request and they can quickly respond/write a script, what’s wrong with that? genuinely asking

of course if it’s a more complex problem (like they need to discuss the new medication/whatever) then yeah, totally but it feels like a medical provider trying to scrounge money out of people and I’m sorry but at this point I don’t give medical providers any benefit of the doubt because at least in the US they’re known for being extremely greedy

meow

Postby meow » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:56 pm

“quickly” is doing a lot of work there

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:58 pm

my dad is a GP. I trust his judgement rather than trying to squeeze more money out of patients

meow

Postby meow » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:00 pm

That doesn’t make any sense

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:01 pm

:lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:03 pm

I agree

also, on another note, I really hope none of you do Christmas cards. I don’t think anything makes me more irrationally angry then those pieces of shits (the Christmas cards, not the people who do them)

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:20 am

Christmas card that is just a family picture - ok.

Christmas card from store that's signed - straight to the garbage.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:43 am

Christmas card that is just a family picture - ok.
Of course. How else will you know how Luanne's tits are coming along?