You know what really grinds my gears...

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sun May 05, 2024 11:06 am

Tip it over imo

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun May 05, 2024 12:25 pm

Looks like plenty of space on the other side of the driveway, too. Gotta save four steps though.

I finally bought a can of yellow spray paint and marked off a few feet either side of my driveway. Everyone from people visiting neighbors to workers driving utility or payment trucks seemed to have no issues partially blocking my driveway. Not that badly but enough to make it hard to get the Flex in without curbing it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:43 pm

I think I recall you mentioning that in the past. And yeah, plenty of street parking, including the 40’+ of space on the other side of the driveway. I just don’t get clowns who are like this.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:50 pm

Homeowner's insurance policy cancelled over nonpayment. This happened two years ago because they said the option to pay via escrow company had been selected as 'NO'. We moved into this house in April 2019..... that policy year was paid through escrow, and the 2020 policy year, the 2021 policy year, and the 2023 policy year all renewed properly without hitch through escrow. But 2022 and now 2024 cancelled for nonpayment.

We received no paper comms on this, and I can't find any electronic messages noticing us to impending cancellation. I only discovered it because I logged into my account to check the status of our supplemental earthquake policy renewal (which we do have to do manually every year) and saw that the underlying homeowner's policy was no more.

*smh*
Last edited by tifosi77 on Sun May 05, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:53 pm

Lovely. Which insurance company was the policy through?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun May 05, 2024 1:53 pm

ASI through Progressive. Same company since 2019.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:57 am

Getting asked at the last minute to watch two dogs for three days because my BIL and SIL didn't think about or forgot to ask us prior to yesterday morning.

Lots of drama since we initially said no, or said we would only take one dog and it couldn't be till Friday night. We shall see how it all shakes out over the next 24 hours or so.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu May 09, 2024 9:48 am

That's a big ask...

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 9:52 am

Not the first time its happened either on such short notice. Which is what makes it even more annoying. We already have a dog of our own, and our yard isn't fenced in. Their two dogs are super nice, but one is old and needs to go out alot (or wear a diaper), and the other is two and still has puppy energy. They have an electric dog fences at their house so they don't worry about them running away. We don't have that so they would both have to be on leashes, plus our dog on a tie out.

It's just alot to deal with especially if they were going to drop them off tonight and I had to deal with all the dogs during work tomorrow.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:06 am

Source of the post Not the first time its happened either on such short notice.
In that case, instant no.

JC2

Postby JC2 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 am

Anything on short notice where someone already had a plan for a good while is instant annoyance.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pm

Anything on short notice where someone already had a plan for a good while is instant annoyance.
Bingo. In an emergency situation, it’s a big ask, but I’d say yes.

In this situation, it’s a big ask and I’d say no.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 pm

This tournament has been known for months. It's for my nieces travelball team. We saw them 3 days in a row this past week....twice at last weeks tournament, and then on monday at my niece's rec game. If they had asked then even if it was still kind of short notice we may have considered taking both. Even then though...this could have been worked out months ago.

It's just annoying, and now my wife feels bad about saying no, but I told her she did the right thing. My MIL also said no when she got a phone call at 10pm last night to watch both dogs.

Still don't know how it's going to shake out, I expect one dog to be here at some point this weekend at least.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 09, 2024 12:39 pm

Can't they board them?

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 pm

travelball
Good name for the modern version of the NBA...

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 pm

Can't they board them?
Yes and no.

No because they don't have the money too, and no because that means they'd have to keep them up to date on shots and take them to the vet regularly.

The old dog I get...can't board her. She's like 14 and is slowly winding down. She's the sweetest dog, but she needs lots of care and paying attention to. Having just her come over we could handle and have done in the past for as long as a week at a time...even if it was kind of a PITA. She's sweet and it's whatever.

Their younger dog is 2. She is also very sweet, but has tons of energy. She is the one who should get boarded in these situations, but again that would cost money which they don't have and would require that she is up to date on all her shots which I'm pretty sure she isn't.

It all comes back to why did you get a second dog when you other dog is so old and you have four kids and they all play like two sports each or have dance and one of them is in travel ball? If you can't afford to board the dogs in those situations when you are gone for long weekend or on vacation....don't get the dog.

Before they've gone away for the weekend when they just had the one dog and asked us just to go check on the dog twice a day and let them out....It's like um no. We ended up bringing the dog back with us to our house in that situation.

The whole thing just annoys me. My wife is also very annoyed now. Murphy is getting boarded when we go to Jamaica in a week, and it's not cheap, but it's a piece of mind thing that he is taken care of and gets to run around with his dog friends while we are gone.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 09, 2024 12:55 pm

Gotcha. We're purposely not getting another dog until after we go to Punta Cana because, even though we can afford it, I don't want to spend $400+ to board the dog.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu May 09, 2024 12:56 pm

I would bite the bullet and watch them. You can do it, it’s just annoying. And you’re hurting your niece by saying no

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 09, 2024 12:58 pm

The parents are hurting the niece by failing to plan and then attempting to use the niece as leverage against the aunt/uncle, you mean.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 pm

I would bite the bullet and watch them. You can do it, it’s just annoying. And you’re hurting your niece by saying no
My niece won't get hurt. She is going to the tournament regardless. If no one watched the dogs then one of them (BIL or SIL) would have to stay home while the other took my niece and their other children up.

Also as an olive branch we did offer to watch both of them but we said they couldn't be dropped off until Friday night because we both work tomorrow. They wanted to leave early tomorrow to have a day at the Park which means they would drop them off tonight.

We said if they dropped them off tonight it could only be one...having both of them here plus our dog with me being the only one here tomorrow and having to work isn't doable.

Also if this wasn't a repeat occurrence it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but this isn't the first time....have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

It's also just not us, we said no initially, my mother in law said no, and my SIL's Mom also said no....so everyone is tired of being pulled into this stuff at the last minute.
Last edited by skullman80 on Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 pm

Technically yes, but you have the ability to help out and are declining because it’s inconvenient. I get it and I’m not saying either way is right or wrong, but I would help a family member

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:03 pm

Again if we are using my niece as the guilt trip here...she will be going to this travel tournament regardless of what happens with these dogs haha.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu May 09, 2024 1:05 pm

Source of the post Also if this wasn't a repeat occurrence it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but this isn't the first time....have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.
That'd be my line too. I will always help out family but when it's repeatedly last minute/insanely inconvenient, that's when it stops being a favor and starts being them taking advantage. Plan better.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 09, 2024 1:07 pm

One of the things that I've told my wife is that after our two pups go (14ish with cancer and 12ish with health stuff), we're taking a couple year break so that we can just travel and do stuff without having to think about what to do with the dogs for a few nights. I love them, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wish we could just take an impromptu weekend somewhere away.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:11 pm

One of the things that I've told my wife is that after our two pups go (14ish with cancer and 12ish with health stuff), we're taking a couple year break so that we can just travel and do stuff without having to think about what to do with the dogs for a few nights. I love them, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wish we could just take an impromptu weekend somewhere away.
Yeah if it wasn't for boarding we wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Murphy's been going to the same place since he was like 6 months old. both for day camp and boarding. We usually board in advance, but even the few times we've had something come up or we wanted to go somewhere quickly we can just call and say hey can we board him there for a few days and it's never a problem.

Not super cheap, but a peace of mind thing, and allows us to go places whenever we want.