You know what really grinds my gears...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 am

I've never received an Amazon delivery notice?

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:50 am

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 am

lol

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:48 am

No issues with Amazon here. We are heavy users, and will continue to be after Amazon begins collecting sales tax here next year.

I mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but I ordered a $10 digital to analog adapter for my TV and stereo receiver. It didn't support a particular audio format I needed it to, so I returned it. They credited my account and told me not to bother to return the item. That's cool.

We get the bulk of their orders delivered via USPS, but our UPS driver likes to "hide" ginormous Amazon pantry boxes under our door mat. I should take a picture of it as the box is waist high with a wee mat on top of it. We've had the same driver for the eight years we've lived here, and my oldest son had a UPS driver Halloween costume when he was 3 that the driver got the biggest kick out of back then. We've bonded, I guess.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:13 pm

The holidays make me want to eat a bullet. Even more than usual.

Like why does everyone suddenly think my capacity to tolerate people's igorance or fake bullshit, they think it suddenly expands just because its December?

**** everyone. Don't send me a Christmas card when the only time your family has ever made any attempt to contact me or my mother or brother was to let them know where and when to send a gift for a birthday, baby shower or whatever

People still drive like negligent morons. People still don't do their jobs. Nobody truly gives a **** about anyone suffering out there or people wouldn't just volunteer at soup kitchens during December.

Its all a big joke. I am truly disgusted by everyone and everything

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 pm

My, that bullet does sound tasty.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:50 pm

People in a large vehicle that wait until they see the menu board before they decide what they want. You are at taco bell. They do not sell fish sandwiches. Moran. Order a burrito... With mountain dew.
If it's the Taco Bell on McKnight Road, then they have a defense. The text on the menu board is tiny, and the damn thing is like 15 feet from the speaker. It's like being at the eye doctor and he tells you to try to read the bottom line. I politely complained about it the last time I was there, and the lady working the window said that they get complaints all of the time, but they need a ton of permits or something to move the board because it would involve moving underground electric lines.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:13 pm

My, that bullet does sound tasty.
If you put the bullet in a hotd...you know what? Never mind

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm

*blam*

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Four hours away from our scheduled departure, and Virgin America is already reporting a 55- minute delay. Yahoo.

EDIT: This ended up being 1 hr 42 mins, 38 mins of which were spent in the aircraft after the tug broke down 10 feet after pushback. Cost us $200 in an extra day of dog boarding, yay.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:44 pm

On Weds last week I got an email from our CEO asking if Thus And Such agreement was executed. I'm like, "You'd be the one signing it, dude. You tell me." Anyway, this was the first time I had ever heard of Thus And Such, never mind that we were doing business with them. I dug around and learned it is a potential distributor we've been talking with for nearly a year, but the agreement was never sent through Legal for review. So the agreement has never been reviewed, but the CEO is asking if it was signed. Swell.

I reached out to the sales guy who is, apparently, the point person on the deal. I ask if he had ever forwarded the agreement to Legal. He said no. So I asked why, in his professional opinion, would the CEO be asking if the agreement was executed if he had never sent it to Legal? He said, quote, beats me, close quote. So I asked him if he could possibly send the agreement over to Legal so we could, you know, review it and stuff. So he sent it on about three hours later, around 4 pm. That was Wednesday, and the company was closed Thursday and Friday.

I come in this morning to an email from that turd muffin asking if I had an update on the Thus And Such agreement. No. No I don't have an update on the agreement. Shut up, hoser.

This is why humans hate salespeople.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:27 pm

I hate that our VOIP phones are two minutes off of our PC clocks.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Wouldn't they both be getting their times from the network?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

He works for the government, as do I, that would make sense but as I said, government...

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:15 pm

You've pinpointed the root of my annoyance. ;)

My guess is they're not using the same timebase. I honestly don't know, as I do not do telecom, how our PBX is trunked. Chances are the timebase the workstations are using is not on the same VLAN as the PBX timebase.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 pm

The holidays make me want to eat a bullet. Even more than usual.

Like why does everyone suddenly think my capacity to tolerate people's igorance or fake ****, they think it suddenly expands just because its December?

**** everyone. Don't send me a Christmas card when the only time your family has ever made any attempt to contact me or my mother or brother was to let them know where and when to send a gift for a birthday, baby shower or whatever

People still drive like negligent morons. People still don't do their jobs. Nobody truly gives a **** about anyone suffering out there or people wouldn't just volunteer at soup kitchens during December.

Its all a big joke. I am truly disgusted by everyone and everything
You're a very angry person. You have told us you work out so I'm thinking it's not just a physical thing. Ever go to therapy? Might help with the slight narcissism, woman hating, and all around Holden Caufield attitude.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Narcissism and woman hating.

Really?

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Gigantic pieces of **** on the internet grind my gears.

What if I WAS someone who needed therapy? You think making a snarky dodint ass comment about it is going to make the world a better place? You delusional self righteous dbag

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 pm

bye.gif

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:28 am

bye.gif

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 am

Tracking flights for next year's vacation for the past few months, watching prices gradually drop, not booking them when they flattened out, and then seeing them skyrocket nearly $400 overnight and stay there. I am not happy with myself right now. :evil:

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:15 pm

I parking garages, when another driver sees that your lights are on and decides to blow their horn at you to pull out. I'll sit in the space as long as I wish, bro, so find another one.

Craig

Postby Craig » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:23 pm

I normally am in the car and gone in about 4 seconds, but if someone pulls that ill act like i was just getting something and then get out of the car and start to walk away.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:46 pm

I love it when that happens while I'm getting my daughter into her car seat. I can stretch that activity out quite far.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Gigantic pieces of **** on the internet grind my gears.

What if I WAS someone who needed therapy? You think making a snarky dodint ass comment about it is going to make the world a better place? You delusional self righteous dbag
I think you took that wrong. Unless it's just an act on the Internet. You've posted multiple times about girl troubles, usually blaming them. You have touted your lifestyle quite a bit and have a very high opinion of yourself, which could just be internet exaggeration. And clearly there's a bit of jump to conclusions anger. It was an observation not an attack. Didn't mean for it to come of as being a d-bag.