tifosi77's thread of Musk

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:13 am

It's legit - saw it trending on Twitter earlier. This reads like one of those childhood crush notes:

do you like me

___ yes ___ no

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:20 am

I would hope everyone quits, but sacrificing their lives to appease billionaires is appealing to so many.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:20 am

This reads like one of those childhood crush notes:

do you like me

___ yes ___ no
LOL yes. I almost posted a pic of one of those notes.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:25 am

I would hope everyone quits, but sacrificing their lives to appease billionaires is appealing to so many.
Let's be honest here - with how he has handled everything, he's not going to attract high end talent. He'll find middle of the road people, with a few high end guys chasing cash.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:27 am

Love me daddy

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:27 am

When you're shooting for Mars or breaking barriers on electric & Autonomous vehicles you put up with that grind. Why would I want to do it to recreate an app that already existed.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:30 am

Listen, the man just learned what an RPC was a few days ago, cut him some slack.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:30 am

When you're shooting for Mars or breaking barriers on electric & Autonomous vehicles you put up with that grind. Why would I want to do it to recreate an app that already existed.
He’s not going to change much at all in the app. He just wants employees to work for pennies on the dollar because he bought a company for way too much money with limited income streams. It has nothing to do with recreating a company

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:40 am

Exactly what I was thinking. There's no pioneering going on at Twitter

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:42 am

Clearly you haven't seen the new 'Official' badge on the Pens' account.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:44 am

He’s not going to change much at all in the app. He just wants employees to work for pennies on the dollar because he bought a company for way too much money with limited income streams. It has nothing to do with recreating a company
I only speak to what I know at SpaceX, but they are very well paid. Yes, the hours suck, but I've heard of quite a few 30-somethings "retiring" as millionaires. And these aren't executives or anything, they were engineers that were there at the beginning, put the hours in, cashed out their stock and made bank.

He's stupid if he thinks he can do what he did at SpaceX and Tesla at Twitter. It's not a model you just copy and paste from company to company.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:46 am

Clearly you haven't seen the new 'Official' badge on the Pens' account.
If you're talking about a Twitter account, then yes, I have not seen it. Nor have I ever seen anything on Twitter, except what's posted on this message board.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:49 am

I'm rooting for quiet quitting.

obhave

Postby obhave » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:03 am

I only speak to what I know at SpaceX, but they are very well paid. Yes, the hours suck, but I've heard of quite a few 30-somethings "retiring" as millionaires. And these aren't executives or anything, they were engineers that were there at the beginning, put the hours in, cashed out their stock and made bank.

He's stupid if he thinks he can do what he did at SpaceX and Tesla at Twitter. It's not a model you just copy and paste from company to company.
SpaceX and Tesla are also run differently, mostly because of the exec team at SpaceX is good at shielding some of Elon's off the wall things from the planning. And they work closely with NASA for important information to keep the company in good progress going forward, high innovation with historical necessities for safety/success. Not everything from a culture perspective, it is still crazy hours, no vacation, etc. Original employees had low salaries, but stock vested over 5ish years and options for sabbatical after doing your time. That's all mostly gone now though, which happens as startups grow.

Whereas Tesla is a **** show in general. It's yes men at the top and constant rotation of people.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am

Will Elon be introducing Navy SEAL training as a part of orientation?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:20 am

Will Elon be introducing Navy SEAL training as a part of orientation?
Well, if it’s hardcore enough then yes. Not sure if Seals are that hardcore though. Gotta be hardcore or you can’t be a secretary at Twitter, let alone an engineer. Gotta sleep in your office because taking an Uber 25 minutes to your apartment is just a waste of time dedicated to engineering stuffz.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:21 am

You’re not hardcore unless you live hardcore.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:29 am

What cbear said. Twitter is hell on a phone screen. Why would anybody want to grind?

Even improving it exponentially... it's still just a fkn social app. Not like you're changing humankind... just giving people something to do while they're taking a ****

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:31 am

You’re not hardcore unless you live hardcore.
I don't know why, but this was the first thing that came to mind when reading the hardcore stuff.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:05 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:10 pm

I would almost think that is fake, but I can imagine Elon actually sending that.
That was my initial reaction, too. "Surely this is................ omg lol"
I forget if I said this at 5AF or not, but at the outset when it was clear how much spray the s**t hitting the fan of Musk's ownership of Twitter was going to cause, I thought it would be funny if there was a mass exodus and the last person out just, you know, turned off Twitter. I don't know if you can just do that, or even if it's possible in a way that wouldn't seem malicious and actionable. But it would be out loud hysterical if Twitter just stopped on Thursday AM.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:16 pm

This isn't the source I remember originally seeing this from, so I might not be accurately attributing things. But I believe this is a list of the OG Google employees and their stock holdings on August 19, 2004, the day of Google's IPO. Shares closed at around $100 that first day, so just add two zeros to the share total to compute their instant net worth at 4pm EST that day.

Note: Iirc one of these employees was a part-time masseuse. lol

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Also, with the departures of significant chunks of the Twitter's security and privacy personnel (esp in conjunction with all the on-the-fly changes Musk is insisting upon and deploying without much real thinking it through) I think y'all are derpy for still using the platform. If I were a 5AF bluename I'm not sure I'd be on board with allowing embedded tweets for the time being.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Uh huh.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:24 pm

Idgaf.

Use Twitter at you own risk. And that was true before musk as well.