Randomness Dos

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 am

There's a difference between a company being evil and a cashier being evil.
This is true enough. Online reviews are evidence that perception doesn't always match the reality you stated.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 am

I'm guessing you've been asked this before, PFiDC, but why doesn't your wife handle it?
My thoughts as well. Seems like you should be option 2 in that situation.
Well, to us, family is family. I lost both of my parents so she is the closest thing to a mom I have. She has lived with us for almost 4 years and has been a huge help even though it has gotten a bit (ok...a lot) frustrating. We are very different people. My wife and I are a lot more like her dad was. Also, for 4 years, it has been my wife handling issues with her mom. She doesn't deserve to be caught in the middle. Whatevs, its over now. She even said she doesn't want to come up and stay with us long because, while we have lots of space and a nice buffer between her space and ours now, wherever we rent will almost certainly not have that luxury. It was nice to hear her recognize the obvious tension coming from living together for so long. There is a reason we are supposed to "cleave" from our parents later in life.

If all goes well and we get some land I will build her an addition or a small 3 room cabin.

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 am

Went to the comic book store to pick up pokemon cards with my kids yesterday. They are obsessed with these things. Wife and I figured if they are going to get into it, they better damn well learn how to play it, so we went and talked to people there about it. We immediately became parents of the year from everyone at the store because they thought it was awesome we were teaching them how to play. My wife was transported to her Magic Gathering days and it was pretty rad seeing how nerdy she became.

Anyone play this? My kids are 7 and 5 and my initial thoughts are they may be a little to young to get into the actual game as I'm having a tough time figuring it out. I remember watching the cartoon in Jr High and I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to end up getting into it as my kids...

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 am

I used to play Magic but I quit when I had the urge to punch a 10 year old kid in the throat for playing a deck so full of "cheese" that it made the game not fun. Calm down...I was 17...

Collectible card games are fun. They are all pretty much the same. I've seen kids as little as 7 playing them.

CBear3

Randomness Dos

Postby CBear3 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:11 am

and some goats?

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:13 am

and some goats?
F that. The goats are mine...

Actually I am thinking of getting a cow instead. Depends on how much land and if we both need to have 'real world jobs'. If one of us is working then we can handle it. If we both have to then no way.

Kraftster

Randomness Dos

Postby Kraftster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am

This had be cracking up: http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/most-depr ... -time.html

Wait But Why might be the best thing on the internet. NOTE: this article is not particularly representative of the WBW site.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:51 am

Went to the comic book store to pick up pokemon cards with my kids yesterday. They are obsessed with these things. Wife and I figured if they are going to get into it, they better damn well learn how to play it, so we went and talked to people there about it. We immediately became parents of the year from everyone at the store because they thought it was awesome we were teaching them how to play. My wife was transported to her Magic Gathering days and it was pretty rad seeing how nerdy she became.

Anyone play this? My kids are 7 and 5 and my initial thoughts are they may be a little to young to get into the actual game as I'm having a tough time figuring it out. I remember watching the cartoon in Jr High and I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to end up getting into it as my kids...
Step 1: get Charizard Star
Step 2: melt faces
Step 3: celebrate

CBear3

Randomness Dos

Postby CBear3 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:05 am

and some goats?
F that. The goats are mine...

Actually I am thinking of getting a cow instead. Depends on how much land and if we both need to have 'real world jobs'. If one of us is working then we can handle it. If we both have to then no way.
No goat milk, eh?

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:20 am

Maybe in time we'll get some goats too. Hell, I don't even have the land or the house yet so it's all a dream right now. Cows basically pay for themselves though. 1 cow can give a family of 4 all the dairy it needs for a year. When you take into consideration the costs of feeding the cow (hopefully you only need to pay for food during the winter) and vet bills (hopefully there wont be many) you still should end up at or above the "profit" line for the cow. Then when you consider that a cow, properly pastured, will clear, fertilize, and surface till your land for you it makes even more sense.

Silentom

Randomness Dos

Postby Silentom » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:22 am

I'm guessing you've been asked this before, PFiDC, but why doesn't your wife handle it?
My thoughts as well. Seems like you should be option 2 in that situation.
Well, to us, family is family. I lost both of my parents so she is the closest thing to a mom I have. She has lived with us for almost 4 years and has been a huge help even though it has gotten a bit (ok...a lot) frustrating. We are very different people. My wife and I are a lot more like her dad was. Also, for 4 years, it has been my wife handling issues with her mom. She doesn't deserve to be caught in the middle. Whatevs, its over now. She even said she doesn't want to come up and stay with us long because, while we have lots of space and a nice buffer between her space and ours now, wherever we rent will almost certainly not have that luxury. It was nice to hear her recognize the obvious tension coming from living together for so long. There is a reason we are supposed to "cleave" from our parents later in life.

If all goes well and we get some land I will build her an addition or a small 3 room cabin.
I understand that. :thumb: Can't let the wife shovel all the sh**, so to say. I'd probably do the same if Mrs. Tom asked me to.

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

Step 1: get Charizard Star
Step 2: melt faces
Step 3: celebrate
interesting, that's my sons favorite character so I'll have to look into that. At the moment, I have no idea what "star" means. I'm at the basic, stage 1, stage 2 level and watching youtube videos on how to play...

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Phil Bourque about to come on the air with Stan Savran

http://www.iheart.com/live/970-espn-201 ... =main.html

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:39 pm

PF, I had no idea you lost your parents. My heart goes out to you.

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Maybe in time we'll get some goats too.
Don't forget some parrots.ImageImage

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Yeah...they were around here somewhere. Can't seem to find them.....

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:04 pm

obhave

Randomness Dos

Postby obhave » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:25 pm

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Randomness Dos

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:28 pm

meow

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:22 pm

From one parentless dude t another... :brofist:

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:52 pm

:D :fist:

Thanks guys, but seriously, my mom passed away in June 2006 and my dad in January of 2009*. While one never really gets "over" the loss of a parent, I'm certainly used to it by now :)

*we always joke that, had he not died then, the end of Super Bowl 43 would have killed him....and if not that then game 7 of the SCF

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Im pretty sure i got over it. I dont know the difference between got over and got used to.

meow

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Im pretty sure i got over it. I dont know the difference between got over and got used to.
I tell myself I'm used to it, but not over it. I don't know the difference either... or if there even is one.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:14 pm

To me "got over" means it doesn't matter to me anymore that they are gone. To "get used to" means that I'm no longer mourning them. I guess it's semantics at this point.

Algernon

Randomness Dos

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Current topic makes me wonder how doublem is...

Always liked that guy