Randomness Dos

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Randomness Dos

Postby count2infinity » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:46 pm

lumberjackfit

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 pm

I have 17 trees worth of wood to cut to shape and carry just under 1/4 mile from a spot in my woods to my garage. I plan on doing it all by hand. That is how I plan on losing weight after the holidays.
And then you can have a boxing match against a giant Russian.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 pm

I have 17 trees worth of wood to cut to shape and carry just under 1/4 mile from a spot in my woods to my garage. I plan on doing it all by hand. That is how I plan on losing weight after the holidays.
And then you can have a boxing match against a giant Russian.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 pm

lumberjackfit
:lol:
:thumb:

columbia

Randomness Dos

Postby columbia » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:08 pm

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:34 pm

RIP

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:48 pm

The chainsaw would be cheating.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:50 pm

You can get a pretty good workout if you try to use a pole saw as a chain saw.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm going to use and axe for the smaller stuff (width of my arm) and my brand new chainsaw on the bigger stuff. I should enough firewood for a few years when I'm done.

skullman80

Randomness Dos

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Oh I know it's going to run through me quick. When I had Red Robin last weekend it ran through me within a couple of hours. Between my wife's bday yesterday, pot luck today at work, and catered holiday lunch at work tomorrow... my diet is getting tested. I still haven't gone off the tracks too much. Just working out more to counter balance.
I have avoided all holiday gatherings at work, with the exception of our team luncheon at the Commoner (which is quite good, btw).

I just explain to everyone my goal is to maintain not gain during the holidays. And while they pig out I go to the Y.
I did a hard 60 minute work out tonight after work, and I did 30 minutes before work, at a light breakfast, and honestly probably won't eat anything else the rest of tonight cause I'm still full from earlier.

I still ate less than I normally would have at one of these things so yeah. It is what it is. Not going to deprive myself of stuff. I still think I will be down at least 3 to 4 lbs when I weigh in next week. I'm going to eat light over the weekend and workout more.

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:23 pm

I avoid food people bring in at all times at work because its always horrific. Of course i have bailed on eating healthy and also on working out for about 2 months now since i went to iceland, so thats not bueno.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:54 am

Not to sound unappreciative, but I was promoted to manager earlier this month. Manager of a department that did not exist before it was basically founded for me and what I do...I developed and run three services that the company did not offer before one day someone handed me a giant, somewhat-related regulations manual and told me to see if I could figure it out for each state...two of those services are the hottest, most in demand services right now and two of our biggest clients want to add them...

No one else in the company is developing entire services from scratch...at all...

Then when it comes to compensation, I can't figure out if i'm over-valuing myself or i'm getting screwed here. But my raise was pretty light I felt...it was vaguely in line with what some others have received, but I can't help but feel this is a pretty unique situation...surprised it wasn't compensated as such...

Particularly because if I walk today...they won't be able to offer all the services that they are contracted to run with some of our biggest clients come 1/1...

But maybe I don't get how it works...that's entirely possible...I never lose out on negotiations of this type, so it's a weird feeling...I always get something...this was a decisive defeat...

obhave

Randomness Dos

Postby obhave » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:15 am

All my grad school and fellowships apps have been submitted... the next 2 months are going to be so long until I find out where I am headed.

But hey, now I have free time again. Very strange feeling.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:17 am

Nice. Congrats on wherever you go.

blackjack68

Randomness Dos

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:26 am

Not to sound unappreciative, but I was promoted to manager earlier this month. Manager of a department that did not exist before it was basically founded for me and what I do...I developed and run three services that the company did not offer before one day someone handed me a giant, somewhat-related regulations manual and told me to see if I could figure it out for each state...two of those services are the hottest, most in demand services right now and two of our biggest clients want to add them...

No one else in the company is developing entire services from scratch...at all...

Then when it comes to compensation, I can't figure out if i'm over-valuing myself or i'm getting screwed here. But my raise was pretty light I felt...it was vaguely in line with what some others have received, but I can't help but feel this is a pretty unique situation...surprised it wasn't compensated as such...

Particularly because if I walk today...they won't be able to offer all the services that they are contracted to run with some of our biggest clients come 1/1...

But maybe I don't get how it works...that's entirely possible...I never lose out on negotiations of this type, so it's a weird feeling...I always get something...this was a decisive defeat...
I'd wait until you are there 3-6 months and then approach them for a raise. Would you be willing to walk if they call your bluff?

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:45 am

I haven't looked for anything else, because I am happy here. I can walk to work. It's a pretty good atmosphere. Maybe I'll be patient. Because they did mention a re-evaluation in like spring/summer...not a whole year away...maybe it's a case of me not being in this situation before and I'm showing my inexperience...

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:48 am

http://i.imgur.com/ClHRNeH.webm

Morkle

Randomness Dos

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 am

http://i.imgur.com/ClHRNeH.webm
Can't even be mad about that.

llipgh2

Randomness Dos

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:14 am

Listening to a Rock Christmas songs station on iHeart.

Billy Idol doing a straight cover of "Here Comes Santa Claus". And it's good...

blackjack68

Randomness Dos

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 am

I haven't looked for anything else, because I am happy here. I can walk to work. It's a pretty good atmosphere. Maybe I'll be patient. Because they did mention a re-evaluation in like spring/summer...not a whole year away...maybe it's a case of me not being in this situation before and I'm showing my inexperience...
Yeah, your first chance to negotiate was when you were interviewing for the promotion. Asking for a raise now ends up sounding like "I didn't negotiate well and want another crack at it."

Waiting a while and letting them see how well you are doing gives you more bargaining power.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 am

I didn't interview for the promotion...I was just given it.

shmenguin

Randomness Dos

Postby shmenguin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:53 am

i've never actually considered leaving my job. but when it comes to compensation discussions, i almost always make sure the threat of me leaving is conveyed. it's always worked for me.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:13 am

Tree Snafu
:lol:

Thankfully the trees have been felled already and I don't have to do that part on my own. They offered to cut it up and stack it for me but honestly that workout is something I am looking forward to. Like c2i said, Lumberjackfit

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:16 am

Like c2i said, Lumberjackfit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:20 am

Just Dance for Wii U has me hurting pretty bad today. Damn you Rock Lobster.