Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm

faftorial

Randomness Dos

Postby faftorial » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

I've heard implants are expensive af
I had to have a molar pulled and the implant was quoted at $4K.
yowza...f that...
That's what I said. I'd like to do it but... The other teeth haven't shifted so far which is a concern if you leave it open.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:11 pm

I paid roughly $2500 out of pocket for my implant (molar). The entire process was long, but smooth as hell.

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:44 pm

That is cool

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:44 pm

That was @ freddy's video not your molar

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:45 pm

That was @ freddy's video not your molar
**** that, my titanium post and molar is still pretty cool, my man.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:59 pm

After reading over as many options as I could for as long as I could stomach...I guess I'd consider a bridge...it's like my third tooth from the back on the top, so you can't see it...there's probably some strong teeth around it...and there's an advantage there of it not being on the jaw bone...

The option of do nothing feels weird to me...but apparently that's also a route you can take and the teeth will kind of fill in, eventually...I don't know, I don't think you can do anything for at least week or two anyhow...so we'll see how it feels...

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Have you considered wood? Was good enough for George.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 pm

After reading over as many options as I could for as long as I could stomach...I guess I'd consider a bridge...it's like my third tooth from the back on the top, so you can't see it...there's probably some strong teeth around it...and there's an advantage there of it not being on the jaw bone...

The option of do nothing feels weird to me...but apparently that's also a route you can take and the teeth will kind of fill in, eventually...I don't know, I don't think you can do anything for at least week or two anyhow...so we'll see how it feels...
The biggest disadvantage to a bridge is that they have to shave the adjoining teeth to make way for it, and if something happens to those teeth, your bridge is now affected. I'd still see a periodontist and get an opinion on both options.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Yeah, Washington at least got to sell his teeth for booze money...I broke mine on a brunch BLT...while paying for booze...

Yeah, I'll have to shop my face around and see what the best combination of "good deal" and "makes sense" that I can do...I am very anti-going to doctors, even thinking of the process aggravates me slightly...on my normal aggravation scale, "slightly", is super high compare to the norm, so there's practically steam coming out of this hole in my gums...

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Twitter is down lol

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Yeah, Washington at least got to sell his teeth for booze money...I broke mine on a brunch BLT...while paying for booze...

Yeah, I'll have to shop my face around and see what the best combination of "good deal" and "makes sense" that I can do...I am very anti-going to doctors, even thinking of the process aggravates me slightly...on my normal aggravation scale, "slightly", is super high compare to the norm, so there's practically steam coming out of this hole in my gums...
The only annoyance with an implant - and this may be the same case with a bridge - was the number of visits. I had at least 5-6 visits, from the initial exam to prep work (had to build up the bone due to some loss, so that may save you a step), to the actual post install. Once the post was in and healed properly, your regular dentist usually does the crown, so that's another two visits (mold, crown), and then one final visit with the periodontist to make sure all is well. No regrets here, even with the amount of visits (and I hate having to go to any dentist that often).

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Twitter is down lol
It's a liberal conspiracy!

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Yeah, based on what I could read before I stopped liking to think about it...a bridge is a like a two visit deal, an implant is a bunch...I'm almost certainly not going there, the cost, the surgery of it all, all the visits, I really can't imagine I'm going that route...I'd need a hell of a sales pitch and a hell of a deal...

Glad it worked out for you and definitely appreciate the feedback...but based on what I've read and you've confirmed, I can't imagine that's the option I'll be taking...

Freddy Rumsen

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Dickie Dunn

Randomness Dos

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Tuscaloosa looks nicer.

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Both buildings are interesting in their own way, but only one of them says "courthouse" to me.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Are we just comparing the initial expenditure, or is energy consumption, etc being taken into account? I’d wager that the new building is considerably more efficient and would likely cost less to operate over time.

Freddy Rumsen

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Are we just comparing the initial expenditure, or is energy consumption, etc being taken into account? I’d wager that the new building is considerably more efficient and would likely cost less to operate over time.
I highly doubt in building it to look like it was made in 1900 they use the same efficiency Standards

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I just ran some searches. The Tuscaloosa Federal Courthouse (the one made to look like a Classical building) is LEED Gold certified and was built to all modern environmental standards, including a design that reduces energy consumption by 28% and water use by 30%.* It just looks old fashioned.

* https://www.enr.com/articles/12117-buil ... courthouse

Sam's Drunk Dog

Randomness Dos

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:54 pm

Tuscaloosa is one of my favorite city names. Right up there with Albuquerque and Walla Walla.

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:00 am

TIL

https://www.wearecentralpa.com/wtaj-plu ... lingwater/
That idea came from a building along Route 6 in Port Allegany.

Lynn Hall is an extremely unique building tucked into the hillside on the south side of the road, but as it catches your eye the first thought likely would be “Wow! That’s an interesting building. Reminds me of Fallingwater”. The truth is it was the other way around, this building was opened for business in 1935, a year before Frank Lloyd Wright designed Fallingwater.

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:54 am

TIL

Lynn Hall is an extremely unique building tucked into the hillside on the south side of the road, but as it catches your eye the first thought likely would be “Wow! That’s an interesting building. Reminds me of Fallingwater”. The truth is it was the other way around, this building was opened for business in 1935, a year before Frank Lloyd Wright designed Fallingwater.
Rt 6 is probably my favorite drive in PA. It's absolutely gorgeous. Feels like you are in a different land up there

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:58 am

The D you are battling must be swinging pillows at you. Unless by playing like Hornqvist you mean unable to carry it over a line.

And Manny Malhotra?? Your job was to win a draw and get the F off the ice immediately?
Are you going to ignore me @mikey ? Engage me you coward

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:23 pm

TIL

Rt 6 is probably my favorite drive in PA. It's absolutely gorgeous. Feels like you are in a different land up there
Yes! I remember going up to the Grand Canyon area as a kid and just thinking that area was amazing. Wellsboro is a great town, as is Mansfield. I love the view of Mansfield driving up 15 towards the Finger Lakes and seeing the university off to your right.