Video Games

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon May 20, 2024 10:13 am

I settled on a pretty good rotation once I got into T4... One cycle of Helltide with a profound mindcage active, followed by a cycle of leveling glyphs via nightmare dungeons.

This served well to keep things fresh, as well as progressing.

As a note the increased glyph experience is also a godsend. I had never leveled a single glyph to 15 before this season... All 7 are 15 now for me.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 am

What's everyone's BattleNet?

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2024 10:26 am

Morkle#11476 feel free to add/invite/join!

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2024 10:47 am

Morkle, do you have mine? I have no idea

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 am

I think so, unless there’s someone else called eddysnake

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:39 pm

Just got my Tempest Roar from a Level 27 NMD. I'm in shock lol.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon May 20, 2024 11:14 pm

Just got my Tempest Roar from a Level 27 NMD. I'm in shock lol.
Did you run out and play the lottery? :lol:

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Thu May 23, 2024 8:08 am

Thousand Year Door day. dodints!!!!!!

meecrofilm

Video Games

Postby meecrofilm » Thu May 23, 2024 6:35 pm

Nice.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Fri May 24, 2024 10:01 pm

So I wanted to jump into something new and decided to give Cyberpunk another shot. I played it for maybe 3 or 4 hours a while ago and couldn't get into it. I'm not a FPS guy and would always rather play a third person view...especially in single player.

Played up to kinda where I left off last time last night
(middle of the Biochip heist)
and decided to push forward this evening. Completed the spoiler thing and whoa......I might be hooked. Genuinely interested in where the story is gonna go, and I think I've seen like 5% of what the game will offer. That whole act 1 seems almost like it was a tutorial. It is definitely a completely different style than I'm used to, from the game mechanics to the FPS stuff to the world in general, but I think I'm going to give it a 'legit' shot.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Sat May 25, 2024 12:50 am

I'm almost done with Cyberpunk. I've finished the Phantom Liberty DLC, all of the fixer gigs, and pretty much all of the side missions except for the several of the ones given by Kerry Eurodyne. I have 232 hours in the game so far. Very much reminds me of a Grand Theft Auto game set in a cyberpunk future.

I went for an intelligence-focused build using a cyberdeck and quickhacks. I like taking control of security cameras and then flipping through the camera views to upload hacks onto all of the enemies that knock them out. Many missions I never fire a shot from any weapon because everyone has been nullified by hacks. If I ever replay the game, I think I'll try to go the opposite route and use Berserk or Sandevistan and melee weapons.

I generally prefer to pay in first person, so that doesn't bother me, but I am curious as to why the game puts so much effort into character customization and even has a ton of different clothes your character can wear when just about the only time you can really see your character's outfit all that well is when you are riding a motorcycle in third person.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:13 am

I generally prefer to pay in first person, so that doesn't bother me, but I am curious as to why the game puts so much effort into character customization and even has a ton of different clothes your character can wear when just about the only time you can really see your character's outfit all that well is when you are riding a motorcycle in third person.
Yes, this seems to be a microtransaction thing, which may not even be in Cyberpunk. Battlefield and CoD do this as well for everything: skins for character models with separate helmets, and also weapon skins. Battlefield doesn't even have a proper inspection mode in first person to see the skin, so the only time you see it is in the customization menus. Big brain corporate ideas I guess.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:29 am

Bananaman

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon May 27, 2024 6:29 pm

Finished up Cyberpunk. I generally like open-world games like this, and Cyberpunk is a very good example of the genre. I understand the game was rather a dumpster fire at launch, and the 2.0 patch that accompanied the Phantom Liberty DLC release revamped major aspects of the game, but I think is now a good and finished product. The story and characters are pretty good, the gameplay has lots of variety in how you can build your character, and there's a nice variety of missions, with plenty of side missions and gigs to do.

I only have a couple quibbles. I like that they have races in the game, but I don't like that the racers shoot at each other. I'd prefer to just drive. Like in GTA, while there's a nice variety of cars to buy and drive, motorcycles represent the best vehicles for getting around because you can lane-split in traffic and fit through narrow gaps. My favorite and by far most-driven vehicle in the game was the Brennan Apollo, the slowest and cheapest of the motorcycles. I think it's real-world equivalent would be an "adventure touring" motorcycle, and it's the only motorcycle that's set up for off-road use as well as on-road driving, which means it won't spin out or slide on dirt like the other motorcycles (and many of the cars).

Finally, as to the endings (spoilers ahead):
I was kinda irked that pretty much every ending involves you either dying or ending up as a digitized engram. The only ending that doesn't involve your death or digitization is the "turn Songbird over to the NUSA" ending for Phantom Liberty, which opens the option to have surgery to remove the Relic. But they try to make that ending as unpalatable as possible by putting you into a two-year coma, having all your friends or romantic partners move on or refuse to see you, and making you weak and helpless afterwards, where you even get beat up by a couple street goons. Personally, I'd still take that ending over the others. Like, I had more than $2 million in the bank at the end of the game, Reed is offering to hook me up with a cushy government job, and maybe I don't want a life where I'm getting shot at every day. The game makes it like so sad and pathetic that V isn't a super merc any more and Reed is offering a desk job, and I'm like, "Wait, wait, I want to know what sort of benefits package that comes with."

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon May 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Yeah, I think I'm officially hooked on cyberpunk now. Got Jackie's motorcycle and have been running around picking up side jobs and eliminating the cyberpsychos. I'm assuming that completing the main story quests advances the progression of V's 'condition', so spending some time on the side stuff. Just enjoying exploring the world and still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

My only gripe is, and maybe it's because I don't play a lot of FPS, I can't seem to easily get the prompts to open doors, get on the motorcycle, etc. I tend to have to walk forward and backward a few times to initiate the square button prompt, which gets annoying. Probably just a me thing though.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 27, 2024 7:17 pm

Cyberpunk fails from the first couple months post-launch were hilarious good fun.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon May 27, 2024 9:05 pm

I had a really nice intelligence-based build that was almost too powerful. Take the perks in the INT tree for the hack queue and RAM recovery, and buy cyberware that focuses on RAM recovery like RAM Upgrade and RAM Reallocator. The build comes into its own once you can queue three quickhacks on an enemy and have found or bought the Tier 5 variant of the Sonic Shock hack along with Tier 4 Memory Wipe and any level of Reboot Optics.

The Tier 5 version of Sonic Shock says that it knocks out any enemy already affected by Memory Wipe and Reboot Optics, and the Tier 4 and higher versions of Memory Wipe make it that any hack later in the queue is untraceable. Those three hacks combined basically have the same effect as the System Collapse hack but at a much lower cost, and the effect is untraceable. If you can find or buy the Iconic version of Sonic Shock, the RAM cost is even less. Tier 4 Memory Wipe + Tier 2 Reboot Optics + Iconic Sonic Shock costs only 14 RAM where System Collapse costs 28. Even works on robots and drones.

I'd either take control of cameras or try to get to an elevated position where I could see enemies. Then just choose the ones that are off by themselves and start frying them. If no one else sees them go down, the other enemies won't alert because Memory Wipe Tier 4 makes the following hacks in the queue untraceable, so you don't get the "tracing" reaction that you'd get for other hacks. I could knock out everyone in an entire building/area—humans, mechs, and all—without ever even going inside by using cameras.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Mon May 27, 2024 9:46 pm

Well I think my roommate wants to murder me, because on 3 consecutive Duriel runs I got

- Tempest Roar
- Tyrael's Might
- Harlequin Crest

I'm playing the lottery during my lunch break tomorrow

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue May 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Confirming what was already rumored.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Tue May 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Up to 95 with my Barb. Kicking ass for the most part, but it has one inexplicable weakness... Toxic Spiders and any other enemy that explodes in poison on death. All my resistances are maxed, have like 26k life... still get wrecked by those ****.

Naturally like 40% of the nightmare dungeons I'm getting seem to have them as well. I have no idea what I am supposed to do against that. I try to let the dust devils handle them as much as possible, but inevitably I find myself poisoned and hoping I can out heal it.

Undecided what I am going to do when I hit 100... not sure if I'm going to start pushing into the Pit more or level another character.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Wed May 29, 2024 11:58 am

Big NCAA news drop

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Wed May 29, 2024 4:06 pm

I couldn't be more hype for this game. It may be a problem and I will likely only be let down. But I dont care.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed May 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Yeah I am just going to go in hoping its at least baseline good....and anything else will be a cherry on top. I'm all in though regardless.

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Wed May 29, 2024 5:53 pm

Take the hill, I'll be back here waiting for news of victory/defeat

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 29, 2024 6:38 pm

Big NCAA news drop