tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:54 am

:|

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 am

*wince*
This is guerrilla advertising for my upcoming Warz game. ;)

MR25

Randomness Dos

Postby MR25 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:02 am

"You can't shoot a guy in the dick, Butters! The ****?"

columbia

Randomness Dos

Postby columbia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:02 am

My unlimited regrets for those two soldiers.

Silentom

Randomness Dos

Postby Silentom » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:04 am

Hajji Warz is gunn b gud.

robbiestoupe

Randomness Dos

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:05 am

I should probably take my ring off more often, but the only time is when I'm playing deck hockey.

Before I got married, my left ring finger was broken 3 separate times. Being I have a tungsten ring, I'd be a deglove candidate if it happened again.

mac5155

Randomness Dos

Postby mac5155 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 am

I've never been a jewelery/watch guy. I dunno, it just feels weird to wear it. I don't need a ring to know I'm married, and I sure don't act like I'm single in public.
Kenny the kangaroo knows two married men that don't wear their rings. personally, this gentleman can't even wear a fitbit for 24 hours without habitually fiddling with it, so a wedding ring is going to be a serious challenge. ALL THE MORE REASON NOT TO GET MARRIED AMIRITE?!?!?!
Ha, i'm with you. I tried a fitbit for about a day and couldn't do it. I dunno, maybe I have a short attention span or I am a fidgiter. wearing a ring, or anything jewelry/watch/bracelet related just feels weird.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:35 pm

mmm, degloving.
Ah, yes..... I remember the first time I heard that phrase and the subsequent Google Images search. :?
I learned it in Iraq because I processed 9-line medevac requests. heh.

It sounds completely made up, so whatever, but we had a third country national get his 'junk' caught in a HMMWV somehow, it came across as a penile degloving. That and the guy that got shot in the balls were the two most 'OMG' inducing requests, everything else was just your average war injuries.
Did you thank them for their service...?

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:57 pm

I never even got a wedding band. Mrs. K hasn't worn hers (or her antique engagement ring) in at least 10 years.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Randomness Dos

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Damn hippies

Blue Canary

Randomness Dos

Postby Blue Canary » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Did any of you Pittsburgh-area guys and gals go to the Pittsburgh Women's March? Looked like an impressive crowd. Glad to see there was one there.
What was it about?
From what I can gather, it was coordinated by mediocre crocheting women who wanted to pump up business to get rid of their crappy hat inventory.

And sanitation guys who needed overtime.
Or not... :?

;)

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Did any of you Pittsburgh-area guys and gals go to the Pittsburgh Women's March? Looked like an impressive crowd. Glad to see there was one there.
What was it about?
From what I can gather, it was coordinated by mediocre crocheting women who wanted to pump up business to get rid of their crappy hat inventory.

;)
You probably should have asked in the political thread...

redwill

Randomness Dos

Postby redwill » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I never even got a wedding band. Mrs. K hasn't worn hers (or her antique engagement ring) in at least 10 years.
Yeah. Never even considered it. Same with my wife. She kept her name, too. I never expected or wanted anything else.

Like mac said, my wife and I don't need that **** to know we're married.

OTOH, I dig what c2i said about looking down at the ring and smiling. I can see that. That's cool.

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Damn hippies

Blue Canary

Randomness Dos

Postby Blue Canary » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:35 am

What was it about?

;)
You probably should have asked in the political thread...
Makes perfect sense, but I prefer not to post in there. Sorry for the imposition (no sarcasm). Oh well, I enjoyed being a part of that day and was just curious. That's as political as I get on 5AF.

Algernon

Randomness Dos

Postby Algernon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:38 am

mmm, degloving.
Ah, yes..... I remember the first time I heard that phrase and the subsequent Google Images search. :?
I learned it in Iraq because I processed 9-line medevac requests. heh.

It sounds completely made up, so whatever, but we had a third country national get his 'junk' caught in a HMMWV somehow, it came across as a penile degloving. That and the guy that got shot in the balls were the two most 'OMG' inducing requests, everything else was just your average war injuries.
OMG don't even medevac me at that point just put another bullet in me

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

What do you tip a guy to wash your car? 25%?

columbia

Randomness Dos

Postby columbia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:35 pm

At least $5

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:49 pm

What do you tip a guy to wash your car? 25%?
Yes.

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:29 pm

I swear, every few months I'll "remember" that Doris Day is in fact, still alive. It is crazy that she is roughly the same age as Betty White.

This is a good phone interview from last year:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dor ... d=38139254

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:54 am

What a match between Federer and Nadal :thumb: Just about everyone thought that these two would never meet again in a Slam final, but it happened with them sitting in the 17 and 9 seeds, respectively. That fifth set was amazing theater.

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 pm

I received the Fidget Cube that I ordered through the Kickstarter campaign last fall. I'll have to see how it holds up, but it seems like a really high-quality product. All of the various nonfunctional doodads work smoothly and easily, and the cube is solid with a weighty heft. For example, the little joystick glides nicely and is spring loaded to self-center, and the metal ball not only rolls, but it clicks if you push it down. The side with the five buttons offers three levels of tactile goodness. Two of the buttons just have springs for silent pressing, the one in the middle clicks softly with a light press, and the other two click loudly with a hard press. I think I like the spinning wheel the best. The only downside I can see with this device is that a lot of its functions make noise (albeit not all that loudly), so use in an open office such as cubicles could lead one's coworkers to get all face-punchy after a while.

As soon as the Kickstarter took off a bunch of copycats started cranking out cheap, low-quality knockoffs. The only way to get a real one is to order directly from Antsy Labs.

https://www.antsylabs.com/products/fidget-cube

Algernon

Randomness Dos

Postby Algernon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:28 am

I received the Fidget Cube that I ordered through the Kickstarter campaign last fall. I'll have to see how it holds up, but it seems like a really high-quality product. All of the various nonfunctional doodads work smoothly and easily, and the cube is solid with a weighty heft. For example, the little joystick glides nicely and is spring loaded to self-center, and the metal ball not only rolls, but it clicks if you push it down. The side with the five buttons offers three levels of tactile goodness. Two of the buttons just have springs for silent pressing, the one in the middle clicks softly with a light press, and the other two click loudly with a hard press. I think I like the spinning wheel the best. The only downside I can see with this device is that a lot of its functions make noise (albeit not all that loudly), so use in an open office such as cubicles could lead one's coworkers to get all face-punchy after a while.

As soon as the Kickstarter took off a bunch of copycats started cranking out cheap, low-quality knockoffs. The only way to get a real one is to order directly from Antsy Labs.

https://www.antsylabs.com/products/fidget-cube
Does it help with anxiety? I'm thinking about getting my grandma one, I bought her adult coloring books and she loves them

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 am

It might. It's designed to offer you something to fiddle wit as a minor distraction. It wasn't designed for anxiety, but as someone with an anxiety disorder myself, I could see it serving as a distraction so someone can divert the anxious thoughts onto something else.

I bought one because I spend a fair amount of time just staring at a monitor as I do legal research, and I noticed that I was regularly using my left hand at those times to click a pen, spin around some paperclips, etc.